Depression :(

T

Twinkle_Toes

Hi all, Well where to start really hmmm to be honest i think ive had depression since my nan passed away 3 years ago plus added problems since they havent helped, the problem i have is im scared of going to the doctors to talk about it what do i say i dont want to make myself look a fool by just bursting into tears, I no deep down i need help i just dont no how to go about it :(

Im tired of not sleeping and being miserable with my other half, he's the only one that see's the "real" me to everyone else im smiley Sarah and im tired of pretending, i wont spew my whole tale im just going to be greatful to any help/advice you guys can give me and i no that going to see my Dr is the best think im just not ready for the Yes you are suffering from depression even tho i no i am its just being made offical isnt it :(

Hi I have suffered from depression when I was a teen for 10 years and was also agoraphobic. So the doc always had to come to me. But the doctor was nice. He might want to prescribe you anti-depressants first and if they don't help and you feel you may need it you could go to councelling.

Just say to the doctor that you have tried to handle it by yourself but you feel depressed and need help. Let the conversation go from there.

It is daunting going to the doctors but once you have done it I think that you will feel you have taken the first step in the right direction and realise you really don't need to go on feeling like you do. I really can empathise as I remember the feelings well. :hugs:

Thank you for the advice :)

It doesnt help that i dont actually have anyone to talk to about it all friends and family will more then likely think im being silly so i dont say anything just carry on like normal so to speak.x

I know how you feel but you must not think you are being silly or that you are not 'normal'. Depression is very normal and if you never need to speak I am here for you. :hugs:

Have suffered with depression for many years. You dont need to suffer in silence. Because my depression was severe i was refered to a mental health team but i saw my gp and a surgery counsellor and tried several anti depressants before i was referred. Gps have experience and dont worry about looking a fool in front of them they will be able to help you.

Thanks ladies, im just working up the courage to make the call to make an appointment x

Didnt want to read and run.

Ive suffered depression for many years You say these emotions are effecting your sleep? It may not be depression, it could be a hormone imbalance.If, however, it is depression go see someone, its old advice but it can help.

I am in the same place as you hun. My Grampa passed away in May 2011, and I feel I have been suffering ever since then. Dealing with depression can be a difficult thing, and I know exactly how you feel when you say you are "tired of being the happy Sarah around others" ... I am too.

I break down almost every day to my DH, and want to get help but am scared. I have suffered before from depression, but was in my teens and my parents forced me to see a councilor. I think because of my past experiences, I have an awful vision in my head that it will be the same all over again. Hopefully I am wrong about this!

I really do suggest that you see a Dr about your feelings, and tell him/her that you are scared as well. I am sure they will be more than understanding about the situation!

:hugs::hugs::hugs:

I just feel like il be a bruden i no that their paid to help etc but it doesnt stop the feeling ive learnt over the years to "keep it in" when i talk to OH about certain things that i no upset me the "brave face" pops up.... I no like i said i no i need the help but im glad you ladies have left your comments.xxx

I know how you feel. I always felt like a burden and kept my feeling hid for years. Finally I knew I would have to talk about what was bothering me and I am a lot better now. Now I don't think of it as being a 'burden' as you have as much right as anyone to be happy. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->