Derbyshire/Peak District

purpledaisy2

Mummy to a gorgeous boy
Reaction score
Hello ladies :wave:

Are there any member from these parts?

We're going away next week and staying in Matlock, can anyone recommend any places to visit / good days out ? Don't mind travelling a fair way :flower:

Thanks
xx

Edale is beautiful for walking :D Its in Hope Valley. Derbyshire is lovely ! I'm so glad I'm only minutes from the gorgeous countryside x

Oh and Matlock bath is good for shops and stuff. Theres also the heights of abraham there! I;m not entirely sure if its open yet but its worth finding out! The cable cars are incredible! x

Oh and Matlock bath is good for shops and stuff. Theres also the heights of abraham there! I;m not entirely sure if its open yet but its worth finding out! The cable cars are incredible! x

I agree with this. I love Matlock, haven't been for a while though :(

Hi live in new mills so 30 miles from matlock, matlock bath is lovely (def go up the cable cars) edale is lovely so is bakewell.

Not sure if it's in the same area (I'm soooo bad at English geography :rofl:) but when we went to the Peak District we went to a place called Monkey Forest, which was um... Trentham? Staffordshire anyway. Near Stoke-on-Trent.

Actually, just found their website - https://www.trentham-monkey-forest.com/information.php?id_cat=1&id_sub_cat=19 Probably explains it better :rofl:

Was a very good day out :)

I don't know how far Ashbourne is but it's a beautiful town. Gullivers Kingdom is a childrens theme park in Matlock, i'm not sure how old your boy is though xx

Ooh another vote for matlock its beautiful and even better on a weekend because all the bikes are out and its packed with people :thumbup: theyve got some lovely chippy's there too.
Another good place is markeaton park. Its great for kids and families, they have a swimming pool outside, paint a pot shop, ice cream stands, bouncy castle, little track were you can ride scooters, skateboards etc.

xx

I don't know how far Ashbourne is but it's a beautiful town. Gullivers Kingdom is a childrens theme park in Matlock, i'm not sure how old your boy is though xx

I'm an Ashbourne lover!!

I'm a derbyshire lass :) My favourite place from when I was young is bakewell, remember the awesome big park, well remember is being big to me then, big fields to kick a ball in, lots of lil cafes and always an icecream van :D xx

I'm an Ashbourne lover!!

It's sooo beautiful, there is a shop that sells all sorts of sweets and they taste amazing, i would love to live there one day xx

I think Purpledaisy has already been to Derbyshire by now :haha: But still, all of the places suggested are really nice!

I think Purpledaisy has already been to Derbyshire by now :haha: But still, all of the places suggested are really nice!

Ha!! Just looked, very old thread!!
I was reading one the other day and didn't recognise any names, no wonder the thread was from 2009... The babies are probably teenagers by now!!!:haha:

Im Derbyshire but never been to Matlock, though we're thinking of going there for the babys birthday next week!

How can you not of been to matlock :o

It's like blackpool without the trams :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"