Desperate need of advice/help!Please??

BABYCAREY

mummy to a angel
Reaction score
Hello Girls
Its been a while since i have been on here :-(
We lost our 2nd baby in May,it was our 2nd loss in just over 18months!!!
Its still hard to think about! But we really hoped we wud conceive again!
Im 41 now!!*old* I would love to try just once more!! My confidence has gone to zero! I feel old,useless,fat,frumpy!Cant believe i lost 2 babies in a row and my doctor refuses to do anythin til ive lost a 3rd??? Im just a disaster really!! I wanted to ask if any of u wud work out when im most likely to be ovulating! I think ive worked it out but i guess i just want somebody to verify it for me? My last couple of periods have lasted 3days! My cycle is now 29days! My period came very lightly last Thurs eve 4thAug but had proper flow Fri 5th,i was told to count the day it actually flows as CD1,is that true? Anyways it lasted 3days like the 1 b4 in July,so i worked it out that i shud be oving Aug 17-19th? Does that sound right to u??
Hope im not being a pain n the ass Ladies!!!
But Thank you for takin time to read this
XXBabyC

https://www.babycenter.com/ovulation-calculator

Try this. I am so sorry for your losses. Fx'd. :hugs:

HI
Im so sorry you lost your little babies.....
I would start by counting your first day of anything as CD1 in your cycle and your last day of bleeding as the last day of menstruation. If you ovulate regularly your likely to ovulate around CD16. I would definitley use OPK's if I was you.
As far as catching your egg I tried the SMEP this month being 41 like yourself, I have been charting and trying to concieve number 2 for 18 months also and I think our eggs don't last as long and if your husband is similar age or older I think his sperm doesn't last as long either so DTD every other from CD8 or CD10 (I try for CD8 but its a long old time!!!) once you get a positive OPK DTD every day for 3 days, miss a day and then once again, if your temping you can say you have ovulated once you have 3 raised temps. Ive got a bit obsessive lately because I feel time is running out and Ive had 4 miscarriages so I temp every day, but usually I just start temping from CD8 or 9 cos I'm used to my cycle until I have 3 temps over my coverline and have ovulated.
Hope that helps
Bex Also 41

HI
I would start by counting your first day of anything as CD1 in your cycle and your last day of bleeding as the last day of menstruation. If you ovulate regularly your likely to ovulate around CD16. I would definitley use OPK's if I was you.
As far as catching your egg I tried the SMEP this month being 41 like yourself, I have been charting and trying to concieve number 2 for 18 months also and I think our eggs don't last as long and if your husband is similar age or older I think his sperm doesn't last as long either so DTD every other from CD8 or CD10 (I try for CD8 but its a long old time!!!) once you get a positive OPK DTD every day for 3 days, miss a day and then once again, if your temping you can say you have ovulated once you have 3 raised temps. Ive got a bit obsessive lately because I feel time is running out and Ive had 4 miscarriages so I temp every day, but usually I just start temping from CD8 or 9 cos I'm used to my cycle until I have 3 temps over my coverline and have ovulated.
Hope that helps
Bex Also 41

Hi Bex- you offered some great advice. i agree- the survival of the eggs and spermies drop. So that's prolly why using instead cups, Pre-Seed to help with survival, CM-friendly things is more important for us.

Have you looked into taking vitex to help with the eggs' strength?

*SS*

Hi hun!am so sorry for your losses ,:hugs:Please don't say u are useless,u are not ,:hugs:You have just had an awful experience and it takes a while to recover,am sending u lots of hugs and luck and hope you get your extra sticky bfp soon ,:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

I am new here to baby bump but I hope you ladies do not mind me jumping right in. I totally understand about the "feel like time is running out" stuff. I am 39 and I have 3 kids. My son is 18 (previous marriage) and my husband and I now have two daughters. Ages 5 1/2 and another one who is almost 2. It took us 6 years to have our first daughter and we also lost a baby as well. And then almost 3 years for my 2nd baby girl to come along. With her we weren't really trying but weren't preventing either. I get upset because I feel like I don't have time on my side and I can't be waiting another 6 years to have another one. As far as other people's comments, as long as you take care of your kids and don't ask for anyone's help, etc. then I would not worry what they had to say. lol! Baby dust to all.

HI
Hope that helps
Bex Also 41

Hi Bex- you offered some great advice. i agree- the survival of the eggs and spermies drop. So that's prolly why using instead cups, Pre-Seed to help with survival, CM-friendly things is more important for us.

*SS*[/

Hello
Thanks so much for replyin!!
Whats Vitex? Can you get it in Tesco/Asda or a health shop?
Im so desperate i wud try anything!!
I wud love to try temping but think its 2 complicated!!
XXBabyC

HI
Hope that helps
Bex Also 41

*SS*

Hello
XXBabyC

Ok- I mis-spoke some. Vitex makes that surge stronger and pushes the eggs out, but stuff like Royal Jelly/Bees pollen can affect the hardness of the egg. You should be able to get these things at a grocery store. Still, I feel vitex is your best route. Low dose (like 200mg, don't know what you'll find at the store).

And as far as temping, you don't have to do any thinking per se if you use www.fertilityfriend.com The site will help you confirm your ovulation and fertile times (especially if you're using OPKs and checking your cervical mucus).

G'luck.
*SS*

HI
Hope that helps
Bex Also 41

*SS*

Hello
XXBabyC

Ok- I mis-spoke some. Vitex makes that surge stronger and pushes the eggs out, but stuff like Royal Jelly/Bees pollen can affect the hardness of the egg. You should be able to get these things at a grocery store. Still, I feel vitex is your best route. Low dose (like 200mg, don't know what you'll find at the store).

And as far as temping, you don't have to do any thinking per se if you use www.fertilityfriend.com The site will help you confirm your ovulation and fertile times (especially if you're using OPKs and checking your cervical mucus).

G'luck.
*SS*

Hi :)
Can i ask you what wud u use if you were in myshoes??
XX
BAbyC

HI
Hope that helps
Bex Also 41

*SS*

Hello
XXBabyC

G'luck.
*SS*

Hi :)
Can i ask you what wud u use if you were in myshoes??
XX
BAbyC

Vitex found at a health food store or grocery like Whole Foods. 400mg a day in morning on empty stomach.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->