Dessert

jenstar

Reaction score
Just wondering if you give your babies dessert?

I don't, reason being that hubby and I don't often have a pudding at home so I wasn't going to start something that probably won't continue.... If he is hungry I give him more main course.

Is there a reason for doing baby desserts or is it purely your own preference?

We don't give her the dessert jars often but we do give her fresh fruit, a fruit cup, or yogurt after her main meal

I give Tabs Veg as main and fruit as pudding but i dont think its essential, i've always had deserts so poss thats why.

i give lucy a fruit cup or a frais which she loves!!

I normally give Colton a yogurt after the main course :)
And it's just personal preference.. we normally have dessert, no reason he cannot.

We do fruits an hour before meals and plain yogurt after the meal as a dessert xx

Chloe has a petit filous after her veg at lunch- she has fruit for tea

Babies need lots of calories so smaller amounts of different types of food helps prevent fussiness later on and ensure they have a wide range of vitamins and minerals.

Yogurt, fromage frais, fruit purees, custard, rice pudding, home made low sugar biccies or buns would be good finger foods, these are just a few suggestions.

We don't eat dessert here so I probably won't give her any unless I feel like she hasn't had enough fruit for the day

my LO always has desert. He loves sweet things and I see no harm in him having fruit purees for pudding. He'll have rusks too. Or yogurts.
I agree that the more flavours they experience the better. And the more fruit n veges I can squeeze in the better.

And later on a pudd can be as a reward for him having eaten all his main dinner.

Naughty mum offered him a tiny taste of my creme brulée at lunch. I was so glad he didnt like it - more for me!

Babies need lots of calories so smaller amounts of different types of food helps prevent fussiness later on and ensure they have a wide range of vitamins and minerals.

Yogurt, fromage frais, fruit purees, custard, rice pudding, home made low sugar biccies or buns would be good finger foods, these are just a few suggestions.

Rice pudding- the way I would make it for myself is 4 oz rice, 2 oz sugar, 2 pints milk, grated nutmeg... Now I thought this would prob be too much sugar for a baby so I was looking up to see how you'd do a baby one and Annabel Karmel website has the same recipe just half quantities of everything.

People who've made rice puds for babies does this seem really sugary to you? Or anyone who's bought the jars are they also sugary?

I'm gonna make one tonight and give him a taste but sorta wondering if it's ok to give him regularly...?

Yeah we give Daisy as dessert after her main meal, usually a small jar dessert or fromage or fruit.
I like to give alot of different things so she wont be too fussy (her Daddy is a really fussy eater)

I don't see the point in giving dessert yet. He loves his veggies and meat. Normally I'll give him a jar of the lumpy meat and veggies and then he has a jar of his favourite veggies for "dessert". He loves his carrots and butternut more than he likes fruit / yoghurt.

When he is older and realises what horrible things veggies are, I will use dessert as a bribe :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->