determind to start real routine with the kids

Tezzy

Mum of 2 TTCAL
Reaction score
right!

tomorrow is the beginning of our new routine!

7.30 - mummy gets up, showers and feeds ffion
8.00 - daddy gets rhys up
8.15 till 9.00 breakfast with mummy and daddy (ffion to have baby cereal too) daddy leave for work and mummy get the kids dressed
9.00 - 'tv time' - something special signing programme for 20minutes
9.30 till 11.00 - 'activcty time' either playgroup or arts n crafts or a playdate with snack at some point
11.00 - 'productive play' learning numbers,sounds,words whilst ffion naps
12.00 - lunch
1.00 - 'tv time' - something special signing programme for 20minutes whilst mummy cleans dishes
1.00 - ffion nap
2.00 - rhys nap whilst ffion has one on one time with mummy
3.30 - 'toy play' mummy gets the toys out until daddy gets home from work or 'out and about' to the park/the lake/into town
5.30 - dinner
7.00 - bath, massage,story
8.00 - bed

i know this sounds very specific but the kids have no routine at the moment except bedtime routine, i need to take some control over my day! does this sound like an ok routine.... any advice would be much appreciated

Sounds great to me and a lot more than I get done everyday!!

Can Ffion go that long in the morning without a nap? Bella usually is only awake for an hour and then goes back to sleep in the morning. You have her up for 3.5 hours. Other than that, it looks great. It might help them out to know what is coming next.

sounds good, making me feel guilty as i don't do that much with Ewan! but he is at playgroup 3 mornings a week now.

Can Ffion go that long in the morning without a nap? Bella usually is only awake for an hour and then goes back to sleep in the morning. You have her up for 3.5 hours. Other than that, it looks great. It might help them out to know what is coming next.

unless we go out in the pram to playgroup ffion usually stays awake until 11ish.. ive kinda worked the routine around her sleeping patterns so hopefully it will work

colin has just left for work and the kids have had their breakfast and are dressed so so far the routine is going to plan.. we have Samuel coming over for a playdate at 10 till lunchtime so im going to do productive play before activity time today.

I dont do that much activities either. We both wake up between 9am-10am and just go along with the day until bedtime+bath at 6:30pm.Longest Skyler will stay awake is 1hr30.He gets cranky if there is too much action going on.

Personally I think it's too structured.

I think a routine in the morning, lunch and evening i.e. breakfast, dinner and bedtime routines are all you need.

You could put different activities out for Rhys to play but kids that age will only do what they want. When Ffion goes for a nap do an activity with Rhys that he wants to do and when Rhys is asleep have some one on one time with Ffion.

I think as long as you have one on one time with each child and an unstructured routine throughout the day everything should be fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->