Devastated about diagnosis - vent

Desire2Mom

Proud mama of twins!
Reaction score
After 12 years of ttc, 8 failed rounds of oral meds, 3 failed IUIs, one CP, we finally decided to start IVF. I was able to sneak in to the May group and started my bcp right away while I completed my annual physical and trial transfer. The trial transfer went great, but after my annual physical labs I found out my TSH is 7.09; free T3 and T4 wasn't drawn. I am completed devastated that now this cycle will likely be canceled until I am within normal range. I know in 2015 my TSH was normal and after research I am highly suspicious of it starting after my COH cycles, particularly the one I got OHSS. I know it can take a month or more to find the right dosage of Levothyroxine/Synthroid and my office only does transfers every other month which means I would be pushed to July or September. Since my family practice doc is the one that did my labs, I updated my RE's office but no one has been able to call me back yet. It's absolutely killing me inside that I am stuck waiting to see what I need to do and if there's the slightest chance I can get my level within range in time to keep my May dates (retrieval is the 16th and transfer is the 21st). I know it's important to have the TSH in range because of miscarriage and I don't want to risk a failed cycle, I'm just so frustrated with my whole journey. Something always seems to go wrong where I cancel cycles: OHSS, cysts, CP which delayed my next cycle, now this. I know it's a long shot, but I am trying to have hope that maybe we can at least do retrieval and a FET later.
Thank you for listening to my vent. Any advise? Similar situations?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->