Devastated... positive digital, now says not pregnant

msq

Reaction score
I don't know what is going on. I took a digital at 12 dpo and it said pregnant 1-2 weeks, now today I was hoping to see a 2-3 weeks but instead it said not pregnant. I'm so confused and feeling like I'm just gonna have a miscarriage. I'm gonna hold my pee for 4 or so hours and try again.. :/ I feel so sad

:hugs:

Unfortunately, it may be that you're having a chemical pregnancy, which is essentially a very early miscarriage. The most dependable/reliable way to see what direction you're headed, is to get quantatative beta hcg test done today, and to have another done 48 hours later, to see if your hcg is doubling appropriately. If your hcg level has dropped within 48 hours, you are having a miscarriage, sadly.

Honey, I've been there twice...one chemical, and one missed miscarriage. For me, third time was a charm, and I now have a beautiful 9 month old daughter. I'm newly pregnant again, and I'm on pins and needles to see where this pregnancy is headed.

Good luck!

I could have written this post myself yesterday! I got a + digi on Tuesday at 11DPO saying 'pregnant 1-2 weeks' then on Friday after a 1.5 hour hold it said 'not pregnant' I then held my pee for 4 hours and it said 'pregnant 1-2' again! I took another digi this morning saying 'pregnant 1-2' and I'm going to take my final digi on Monday or Tuesday in the hope it says 'pregnant 2-3' but I've come to the conclusion I need to stop testing for my own sanity. Testing or not testing won't change the outcome. I am 4 weeks and officially late today so just going to have faith.

Good luck! :flow:

Oh, about those digi tests with the time indicator things...

I should have mentioned this earlier, so I apologize. The conception indicator feature of these tests tend to be quite inaccurate, from what I've heard. These tests give you your result based on the level of hcg in your system at the moment, which really can vary, but generally SHOULD at least double every 48 hours in early pregnancy. I have heard of women whose hcg was over 2,000, and they were only getting a Pregnant 1-2 on those tests...so they're not terribly reliable for some people. So those of you that have been getting a "not pregnant" after getting a positive reading, may want to try a different pregnancy test altogether, such as an FRER, or a CBE digi WITHOUT the week indicator.

My suggestion would still be to call your doc, and have him/her order you a series of beta tests, to see if your hcg is rising sufficiently, or falling.

Honey, many people get a not pregnant on a digi at less than 4 weeks. If they were both from the same packet (ie the same batch) AND using FMU then yes your hcg may be dropping... But I don't think digis are hugely reliable at this stage (or at any stage but that's a whole other thread).

Can you get hold of some standard tests where you can compare lines from one day to the next? Digis are hugely expensive for you to be tying yourself up in knots xx

This happened to me before we conceived our daughter and sadly it was a chemical pregnancy. I totally understand how crushing it is when ur expecting a 2-3 and it says 'not pregnant'. I rang my dr and in the uk they don't really do betas unless u have a history of mc or specific problems, who basically said they couldn't do anything (which to be fair they can't at that point). I only had a tiny bit of light spotting till my next period was due, then 2 months later we conceived our little monster :) . I hope it's different for you,but if a few days have passed I would have expected at least a 1-2 again, but as someone else said they're not always reliable, especially if ud drunk a lot of liquid beforehand? let us know the result of the next test. Keeping everything xd for u x

Hun this happened to me as well, I got not pregnant, than I read the instructions, you need to make sure you use first morning urine, I took another one the next morning and I got 1-2 weeks, I am just barely over 4 weeks right now.

I used first morning urine, I'm so confused. I've had two miscarriages before but the soonest appointment I could get was January 6th. My fiance went to get me a dollar store test to see if that would make a difference. I just took a frer yesterday and it was still positive and darker than my last test at 12 dpo. I've been worrying from the start, I was on progesterone suppositories with my daughter but ever since I found out I was pregnant again I've been calling doctors and they wont see me any sooner even though I have concerns and am pretty sure I need progesterone. One office told me they wont prescribe any medication until they know if its a viable pregnancy, my thought was what if I can't have a viable pregnancy without it. I'm so frustrated that no doctor is willing to see me earlier especially since I've expressed my concerns. I don't know if there is a point in even trying again if this will just happen over and over again without progesterone. I will post results of my next test in a little while. Thank you for all of your responses.

Well just took the dollar store test and it was negative, I feel like I've been tricked. My frer was clearly positive yesterday and the clearblue said pregnant just 3 days ago. For those of you who have had chemical pregnancies when did you begin bleeding? I am worried I won't start and will need another d&c. Do you think I should keep my appointment on January 6th?

Oh hun, I'm so sorry :(

I would say that as the tests are now coming back negative then the HCG levels may almost if not already be down to pre-pregnant levels which means you should start your period within the week. If nothing has happened within a week I would deff book an appointment with your DR and see if there's anything that needs done.

Lots of love and hugs your way hun :hugs:

From when I discovered that my hcg was going down instead of up, until I began to bleed was about 6 days or so, I believe.

I too have issues with progesterone. We were actually going to wait until next cycle to ttc, as I wanted to wait for the result of my 21 day progesterone test...my progesterone came back low, at an 8. Well, it turns out I was also pregnant, and when I got my BFP at 10 dpo, I began 100 mg of progesterone suppositories daily, that very same day. Had I not been pregnant, I would have been put on Clomid, as that creates a stronger ovulation, and hence better progesterone production.

If I were you, if you decide to try again, consider talking to a different doc about Clomid to help with your progesterone. Obviously you ovulate, and so do I, but some women do not ovulate strongly enough, causing your corpus luteum to not excrete enough progesterone to maintain a pregnancy.

Best of luck...an early miscarriage is still a loss. I'm very sorry this is happening. :(

I'm sorry. This happened to me a few months ago. I started bleeding within 1.5 weeks. xx It was uncomplicated and like a bad period. Now I'm pregnant again. Don't give up hope. <3

Oh I'm sorry, it's probably not good news if that was a clear negative. Still worth checking with a frer tomorrow that the lines gone lighter, just for your peace of mind. I never really bled after mine, as weird as that sounds. A tiny bit of light spotting, then nothing til my next period. The dr wasn't concerned as it was so early, though obviously get checked over if u have any concerns. I can honestly still remember sitting with the test flashing after I peed on it really excited at showing my partner the 2-3, then just disbelief when it said not pregnant, so I know how upsetting it is. Take care of yourself hun, hope ur ok xx

So sorry sweetie :hugs: I bled within 48 hrs of my ICs turning negative x

Well just took the dollar store test and it was negative, I feel like I've been tricked. My frer was clearly positive yesterday and the clearblue said pregnant just 3 days ago. For those of you who have had chemical pregnancies when did you begin bleeding? I am worried I won't start and will need another d&c. Do you think I should keep my appointment on January 6th?

with chemicals you wont need a d&c your body will end up with what is like a period just heavier at some point (hug)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->