Deviated septum.

karlilay

Mum of 2 :)
Reaction score
Anyone got one? Or had one and had it operated on? Would love some advice on how to go about it all. Mine is so bad now i only have my right nostril to breath out of :haha: Its really bugging me and my nose just looks so wonky! Do i need to make an appointment with the GP or a hospital appointment? Does it hurt? How long do i have to stay in. Helppp....

Go to your GP and ask for a referall to an ENT surgeon :) The procedure is called a septoplasty, and generally at most requires an overnight stay. Obviously this will vary depending on your own particular nose ;)

I do have a deviated septum, but mine is really far up, so it doesn't affect the shape of my nose. It just stops me breathing properly and causes me sinus problems :dohh: I was supposed to have a septoplasty and functional endoscopic sinus surgery done in July, but found out I was pregnant which put paid to that idea. I was only going to be in hospital one night, and that was mainly because the surgeon was doing an afternoon list - if it'd been a morning list, I would potentially have gone home the same day.

Hope you get a referral quickly :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->