Devlin Anthony - Born 31st August 2011!

Missy.

Mum to 2 boys, a girl & an angel <3
Reaction score
Hey ladies :flower:

Well my little man is a week old now so I thought I'd better get on with typing up his birth story!

It all started on the 29th of August which was a Monday. I woke up with a mild pain on the left side of my bump it came and went like a contraction would but I wasn't 100% sure if it was a contraction so I went on with my day as normal, went on the train with my daughter to go visit my nan. The pain carried on coming and going every 10 minutes or so for the rest of the day mainly on the left side of my bump until about 6pm when it moved round to the front of my bump and started feeling like intense period pain. It was then that I thought maybe this could be the start of something so I got on my birthing ball and bounced on it for a couple of hours to try and get these pains to become more regular and strong. By about 10pm I was shattered so off to bed me and OH went to get some sleep just incase I was in early labour.

The next morning I woke up at about 5am when OH was getting ready for work and I felt nothing, no pains or period cramps, nothing. So I told OH to go to work as normal as clearly nothing was happening today. Just as OH left the house for work at 5:30am I started getting regular contractions every 6-7 minutes. I phoned my mum and OH and told him to come home from work. Both arrived at about 7am and we spent the next 3 hours trying all sorts to get my contractions more regular - walking, bouncing on birthing ball etc. I went to the toilet about 9am and when I wiped I had slight bit of blood tinged mucus on the tissue however by 10am my contractions stopped completely.

I went to my 39 week midwife appointment feeling quite disapointed. Midwife felt my tummy and said baby was 2/5ths engaged - so not even fully engaged. She said it could be days or weeks until I have the baby and not to get too excited. I left the appointment feeling quite rubbish. When I got home about 2pm I went to the loo and after wiping I felt a little gush and thought It could be my waters leaking so OH ran me up to the hospital. At the maternity day unit a midwife checked my cervix and swabbed me to see if my waters had gone. She said my cervix was only 1cm dilated and not favourable but she would give me a sweep if I want one to get things going. She gave me a sweep, told me to put a pad on and walk around the hospital for an hour to see if I had anymore leakage as she didn't think my forewaters had gone but couldn't tell if my hindwaters had. So off for a walk we went. I started getting quite intense contractions again every 5-6 minutes and had some more 'bloody show' but no more leakage. We went home at 5pm had some tea & put Lexie to bed. By 10pm my contractions had gotten really strong and were every 3-4 minutes lasting about a minute, so we decided to go back to the hospital to get checked over. Midwife at the hospital informed me that I was only 2-3cms dilated and that she thought I had a long way to go yet, she said she would be suprised If I had the baby tonight and to go home and come back tomorrow.

I got home about 11pm and spent the next 3 hours in agony. I tried bouncing on my ball, taking paracetamol and having a bath but nothing would ease the pain and by 2am I was in so much pain I couldn't take it anymore and begged OH to take me back to the hospital. We arrived at the hospital half an hour later and after being checked over the midwife was suprised to find that I was 7-8cm dilated. She took me round to the labour ward and I was finally allowed some pain relief! The gas and air was heavenly. I managed to carry on labouring for the next 5 hours with gas & air and meptid. OH gave me a lovely massage with lavender oil and I had a nice bath with some lavender oil in. By 6:30am I started feeling like I wanted to push so the midwife checked me and I was 10cm :happydance: so I lay on my side with my right leg up in the air and started pushing. My waters were still intact so after 5 minutes of pushing my waters went with a pop and soaked the bed and the midwife :haha: woopsy. I pushed twice and out came his head, pushed one more time and out came his body. My beautiful baby boy was born at 7:01am, weighing just 6lb 10oz at 39 weeks & 1 day gestation. The first thing I remember thinking was how tiny he was!

I had a second degree tear which needed stitching up but had the same with my daughter so I knew what to expect. We spent 2 nights in hospital because little man was very sleepy and was reluctant to feed but now we're home and everything is perfect :cloud9: Lexie loves her little brother and things couldn't be better!

Attachments

• IMAG0442.jpg
    IMAG0442.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 49
Congratulations on your little guy! He's adorable! And you sure didn't have to push for very long - wow!

Congratulations, and great story! Oh, and don't let me forget, GORGEOUS BABY!!!:)

Thanks ladies :) x

Aww he's so cute!!! Well done :D! Great birth story & Congratulations again xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->