DH is inlove with a very girly name ... thoughts?

sandilion

Reaction score
So since finding out we're having a girl, DH has expressed his need for her to be named Melody Rose.

I think its very pretty, and very girly! I like the Melody part, but not sure about the Rose. Its slowly growing on me....

Thoughts on the name?

I really love Melody, but I'm with you on the Rose. Rose is a beautiful name. It just doesn't sound like it really fits with Melody? They seem like two totally different styles. That's just an opinion though.

It grows on me the more I say it though.

its almost as if the name Rose needs another name with it .... Like Melody ....-Rose

I am toying the Melody Lily-Rose, Melody River-Rose...

Hmmm

I would avoid Rose as a middle name. In the 80s and 90s we had Louise. In the noughties we had Grace. Now we have Rose and Mae. Middle names seriously need to be more varied. I'm very grateful to NOT be one of the thousands of ____ Louises of my generation. I honestly feel like the beauty of Rose has been lost to the middle name craze.

Melody is lovely but I have to agree that I wouldn't go with Rose.

I love it - sounds beautiful! Your OH has good taste! :)

I do agree that Rose is SUPER popular! Kind of like the middle names Ann & Marie when I was a kid - everyone had one or the other (I didn't, and was quite happy about that!).

However, I do think every name sounds gorgeous with Rose!! Lol.

I really like Melody Lily Rose, too. How about Melody Lilliana? Melody Rosalie?

Melody is gorgeous!!

I agree that any name sounds good with Rose, but it is extremely popular esp in middle names (it's mine) and just super super over-used.

Melody River is stunning to me!! Other options:

Melody Laine
Melody Diane
Melody Sofia
Melody Anne (although popular it sounds nice)
Melody Skye

I like Melody River-Rose! Sounds so elegant and peaceful.

I think rose goes fine with melody (although personally I'm not that keen on melody)

I see what you mean with Rose. Maybe something like Melody Eve or Melody Olivia, they are pretty but not too girly.

Thanks all! DH said he is just too in love with the name melody Rose, so has agreed on Melody River-Rose. I prefer it with River in it. :)

Melody River-Rose is beautiful.

My 4 year old is adamant our baby is a girl and she already has the name Melody so we don't need to think of one :dohh:

I like Melody Rose but then again I am biased my little one is called Rosemary!.

Some other similar names we toyed with would be

Melody Rosalind
Melody Rosemarie
Melody Rosamund
Melody Rosalyn (which can be spelled in many many ways!)

I just noticed you were pregnant with a girl sandillion, congrats! :flower: Girls are so much fun.

I really like Melody Rose, despite the Rose middle name being pretty common. It's true that our generation always seemed to have the same middle names (Anne, Marie or Elizabeth) but I don't really see that as a bad thing. I have two weird middle names and sometimes growing up wished I just had a "normal" one like everyone else :haha:

If you don't like the Rose part, there are still other options. I don't like Lily, beause I just think with Melody there are two many "Ls" and it becomes a tongue twister.

Ideas:
Melody Dawn
Melody Kara
Melody Raine
Melody Kate (very girly, but cute)
Melody Vanessa (random, but its just a name I personally like. Maybe consider 3-syllable names too, depending on your last name.)

Late to the party, but wanted to show my support for Melody Rose, or Melody River-Rose :) I think its a beautiful name!

My middle name is Rose, and I like it just fine :) I'd pass it on to a daughter if it wasn't a terrible match with our first choice girl name.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->