DH just SHOCKED me. lol

TennesseeMom

Reaction score
Okay, so.. when me and DH got together , I had a son from my previous marriage. We got married when my son was 5 years old, then two years later had an "oops" and out came our daughter, who is now 8. I was pretty vocal back then in saying I was done having kids, had my boy and my girl. I was set. Fast forward to now.. I started telling DH I wanted another baby, and he only said "sounds good.. I'm not against having another". My Mom and a few friends have been a bit negative about it thusfar, saying I'm too old (pfft, im 35), our finances will be tighter.. random things like this. I started to worry a bit, and thought maybe theyre right, and maybe DH just doesnt care either way, so I tell him maybe we shouldnt try for another. His face went blank. He got up and walked out, wouldnt talk, wouldnt answer me. It freaked me right out. lol Finally he comes back and pops off with "What the hell? Youre just going to change your mind like that??". I told him I felt like maybe I was making the decision on my own, and that maybe my baby fever was clouding my judgement. Soo.. THEN I find out things about my DH I NEVER knew! As it turns out, he has always dreamed of having a large family (he grew up the youngest of four), but he never told me what he really wanted, because he felt since I'm the one who stays home with them, and I'm the one who does "most" of the hard work with them, he felt it would be selfish to ask me to do it, if I didnt already want to. So.. when I started endlessly talking about a new baby, what I DIDNT know was that he was jumping for joy inside, and now that I'd said maybe we shouldnt.. his world had come crashing down. Then he tells me that he heard me telling a friend of mine that after "this last one" I will have my tubes tied. He asked if that was what I was going to do. I said "probably.. why?". He says he wishes I wouldnt, that hed like to have TWO more babies before its all said and done. My jaw was on THE FLOOR! lol I have lived with this man for ten years. I was CLUELESS. lol I honestly thought all these years he was content with not having more... and apparently the entire time, he felt he was missing out on this huge family hed been dreaming of, and keeping his mouth shut because he didnt want to "push" me into it. Its times like this I remember why I married him. hehe. Anyway.. that just stunned me, so I had to share. lol Just goes to show ya.. even if youve been married for years, it doesnt mean youve figured out everything. lol

How sweet is that?

He sounds like a definite keeper LOL :haha:

LoL, yeah i think I will keep him. Now if I could just get him to speak up more! LoL Mind reading was SO never my specialty. hehe

LoL, yeah i think I will keep him. Now if I could just get him to speak up more! LoL Mind reading was SO never my specialty. hehe

Well, he sounds really considerate, which is a quality in short supply, I always think :)

And...35 is so NOT old!! (I'm 39 and ttc #1)

:dust: to you

wow what an absolute sweety!! I'm just smiling. Sounds like a great guy.

Good luck on your ttc journey! 35 is young pff you have time for 2-3 more :haha:

Definite keeper! :thumbup: He sounds so lovely.

I am 37 and would like at least a couple, so I reckon at 35 you've got more than a fighting chance for that big family :flower:

That's great! Don't lose hope. I've given birth to 5 of ours since age 35 :). Still hoping for ONE more :)!!!

how sweet :) my husband also wanted more but I'm afraid of strokes (common in my family) because my last pregancy made my b/p shot way high after birth and it still barely return to my pre-pregnancy b/p level (but then again, maybe my pregnancy hormones lowered my b/p and I didn't realize it.) so he is accepting it.

honestly, it really should be between you and your husband if you are ready for another kids, don't let others influence your decisions (unless it is going to create a burden on them such as finanically depending on them...they can't afford all your kids)

deafgal - financial burden on them is definitely not a factor lol. We have always footed our own bills and I even footed my moms bills for three years after my Dad passed away lol. We took her in and paid for everything, including her food, her shampoo, hair spray, and all her other wants and needs, for three years, until she met her new hubby. And that could be another factor now that you mention it. She may be afraid if something happens to her new hubby (his heart isnt the best), that with new babes in the house, we wont be able to take care of her again like before. And that much is probably true. However, i can't live life on egg shells and put off OUR lives on the chance that it could happen, because it may not happen for another 20 years. And if it did, my brother and his wife could take a turn for once lol. She is 57 years old now, and before long will be able to draw SSI. As a matter of fact, having to take care of her for those three years is why we didnt have more kids before now. My daughter was two when my dad passed, and by the time Mom was back out of the house, she was five, and more kids just werent a priority with all of that going on. I have no regrets, I just know I cant hold back our lives because of it.

Hugs! What a great hubby! My husband is 6 years younger than I and was so excited when I finally decided it was ok to have one together after several years of me telling everyone I was so done! Good luck!!

That is toooooo cute! What a great guy! Now go make those babies!!! :sex:

Well, he sounds really considerate, which is a quality in short supply, I always think :)

And...35 is so NOT old!! (I'm 39 and ttc #1)

:dust: to you

haha I agree! I am 35 ttc #1 and it seems like everyone else is in their 20's!!:haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->