DHEA supplement. Anyone heard of it or using it

harley9671

Reaction score
DHEA is a supplement which is supposed to increrase the quality of your eggs.
Has anyone tried these or know anthing about them?

I can't help you, but hopefully someone here can. GL!

I take DHEA. I could only take a quarter of a pill because it made me very moody. I take it every day to regulate my hormonal moods. I also take Q10. That is suppose to help with eggs too. RE said that...

hi garnet. Are you taking of your own accord or through a doctor..I have just bought some and i am in two minds whether to take it or not. 25mg

Afraid I can't help as never heard of it but I take royal jelly and co enzyme Q10 as both as supposed to help with egg quality. On my 3 cycle of taking both and no negative side effects :)

Good luck getting info but I tend to be one of those people that if I am in 2 minds about something then I leave it :)

hi garnet. Are you taking of your own accord or through a doctor..I have just bought some and i am in two minds whether to take it or not. 25mg

I watch a show with Dr. Oz and he said that this was one of the pills that is great for women over 40. I also read that it help with eggs. I tried to take one 25 mg pill at first but it made me very moody and believe me you will have alot more hair. My body seems to be okay with a quarter of a pill. Maybe you can try to see how your body reacts to it. If you find yourself aggressive or moody then back off the dosage. Q10 seems to have to side affects.

I have read heaos of stuff on DHEA and wonder if I should try it, I just got an AMH result of 1.1 doc was looking for 14!! Anyone know if you can take it with clomid? I was thinking of adding coq10 to the mix as well

i took DHEA for a month and got my BFP
not sure if it was this but i gave it a shot

hi herbie. did you take dhea by yourself or did you discuss t with your gp. x

been doing a ton more reading and it takes 3 - 4 months for the dhea to have any impact on the egg quality, the egg you ovulate 3-4 months from now is starting to form today - very clever stuff!!

DHEA greatly helps in increasing your chances of producing good quality of eggs to promote successful pregnancy. Just be wary with its possible side effects while taking it such as irregularity of menses, headache, breast tenderness and several more. Have a constant visitation with your OBGYNE to be more certain with your DHEA supplement dosage and assessment for any alteration in your system.:cloud9:

I took DHEA for months, so did my DH as i read it can help the little guys too, i never noticed a problem with it, i ran out of them so i stopped taking them about a month ago, i keep forgetting to pick them up, but i do take Royal Jelly, and have been kicking around the idea of taking Angus Cactus.

I take angus cactus and have had no negative side effects but I started taking it 12 months ago on a doctor's recommendation to regulate my cycles as my depression has a hormonal factor :thumbup:

I take angus cactus and have had no negative side effects but I started taking it 12 months ago on a doctor's recommendation to regulate my cycles as my depression has a hormonal factor :thumbup:

Interesting, has it helped your cycles at all, i am hoping i can find something that will make mine a bit longer, 24 day cycles are actually kind of annoying lol.

My cycle used to be really varied anything from 24 to 32 days. I started the angus cactus whilst on birth control which stopped AF visits but came off the birth control in March. First cycle was 47 days but I have settled on a 25 day cycle with ovulation occurring on CD12 and a 13 day LP.

I was a little annoyed with my cycles being 25 days but as DH pointed out that 14 chances per year at our BFP :thumbup:

Do you know how long your LP is?

I have PCOS and already have elevated DHEA so I cant take it or I will grow a beard . I do take royal jelly though.

I have PCOS and already have elevated DHEA so I cant take it or I will grow a beard . I do take royal jelly though.

Are you able to take co enzyme Q10 with PCOS? I take it as it is good for egg quality.

And is it worth looking into Angus cactus (also known as Vitex & Chasteberry)? I hear it can be good for ladies with PCOS but not positive how. Or have you already researched it?

Are you able to take co enzyme Q10 with PCOS? I take it as it is good for egg quality.

And is it worth looking into Angus cactus (also known as Vitex & Chasteberry)? I hear it can be good for ladies with PCOS but not positive how. Or have you already researched it?

I have tried vitex and it messed up my cycle I have PCOS but ovulate on my own now that I am older. I was just mentioning that DHEA is not always good for everyone .I have not tried co Q10 yet , I will look into it.:flower:

I have taken vitex now for quite some time and it has helped keep my cycles regular, moods more even and headaches less often. I am now thinking of adding the DHEA and co enzyme Q10 to maybe help with egg quality. After quite a few miscarriages all with heart beat stopping at around 6-8 wks and m/c at 8-10 wks then I figure if it may help then I'll try it.
My OB is one of those of the conservative mix and age is age no matter what you do or take. He says if I am still regular then there is always chance of another good egg but to be prepared I may only ever have miscarriages :(
I also take 5mg folic acid and a pregnancy multivitamin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->