DH's GP lied.....

rachelle1975

And then there were 3!!
Reaction score
Just went to my GP with DH for our referral to FS. Since DH is at a different GP he had to get his results printed for todays appointment.

His GP had told him he had 1.5 million and 'everything else was okay'.

LIAR!!!!! :hissy:

The print out shows that he had only 50% motility and 10% progressive :cry:

I know it doesn't make much difference, 1.5 million is still 1.5 million but it's even worse if the bloody things aren't swimming and those that are are going in the wrong direction!!! :hissy:

AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Rant over. I need chocolate. Oh and :witch: just arrived. Bum :hissy:

first of all sorry that DH's results were not what you wanted them to be. I am waiting for my partners results to come back. am crapping it so kinda know how ya feel.
As for the GP claiming DH's tests are OK I would book in with a different GP (assuming surgery has more than one GP) and ask them for a second opnion to the test results, you are more than entitled to do this so call up in the morning and book in.
xx

so sorry hun x i hate GP's/Drs etc at the moment aswell!

GP's make me so made, i'm fuming for u :hissy: what is wrong with them. Sorry hun, go get chocolate and wine, take 1 night off ur diet :hugs: XXX

50% motility is the bare minimum, so he should've told you.

The motility won't make a difference for your IVF/ICSI, but it probably rules out any chance of IUI. What was his morphology like?

You definitely deserve some chocolate hun :hugs:

:hug: I'm sorry that this has happened, can't imagine how frustrating that has been. Have you spoken to the GP concerned?

Hey guys

Thanks for being so nice.

I am very grateful to have been referred to FS so quickly which i know is a very positive thing. We have had two SA done in the past 6 weeks so they haven't given it the 3 month window which i think is beneficial especially with the whole 90 day maturity cycle etc. I'm guessing that after our first FS appt DH will prob get another SA test, prob before they even do anything with me just to see if there is an improvement??

DH was just 'well it doesn't change anything we are still getting referred'... which i suppose is a fair point??

His results read like this - can anyone point on the morphology incase i'm a total durr brain!

15/09/08 - total sperm count potentially abnormal, appearance normal.
Volume 2.5ml (should be 1.5-20)
sperm count 1 (should be 20-999)
Total motility 50
Progressive motility 10 (should be 25-100)

Does the 'normal appearance' mean that morphology is okay??

Have to say my GP was great - to tell us that the NHS place will try and get us to go private as they want money by saying the waiting list is really long was good for her to tell us. She said if we do decide to pay then she has better places we should go to.... nice to know you get crap on the NHS! ha ha

She also said that it could still happen naturally and she told me to temp/opk again. One thing that confused me - she said to 'save it up' for up to a week and then give it a go when i'm ovulating. I was under the impression that anymore than 3 days was bad news for swimmers????

Sorry for the novel!!!! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

they told me if they swim ok they know the morphology is always ok?!?!? he totally explained it2me and it did make sense like:) so dont worry on that part hun...weve just got garys bk and everything was ok thank gosh,cos they thinking ive low estrogen:( hopin 2get a estrogen replacement or clomid, wud be plsed it i got replacment though..less side affects ive read...also dont know if ive said this 2u b4, but me n dh take MACA,he had low testostrone b4 we started takin it now its normal...but u shud find afligt83 (anna)her dh count and everything was really low, after taking MACA for 3mth, better diet and excercise,her dh sperm is as good as super sperm now!! u go find her and ask her hun,these doc's dont seem2tell u how u can make it better!!!!

Thanks honey - i have already been on Anna's case since you is all knowing!!! The Maca arrived this morning so we'll get him on that tonight! With the results say that appearance is normal i'm presuming that was the morphology bit and 50% motility is okay if they have good progessive swimmers but at the moment he only had 10%..... by the time the appt comes around he's have olympic golds i'm sure! xxxx

When we got DH results we had a specific morphology reading and i was told they want it to be 20% normal. Sorry but how they swim has nothing to do with the morphology how they swim is the motility. Morphology is abnormal shapes, so maybe 2 heads 2 tails, or a round head making it harder to get in the egg. Hope that explains things a little better. I did a lot of research when we got our SA results back. Good luck with the maca, let's hope it's ur miracle cure and in 3 weeks u have super sperm like aflight, maybe it could happen next cycle. Good luck. XXX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->