DH's SA result.. feels like hit by ton of bricks

canucks

Reaction score
We got our test results back. Dr was very happy with mine but Dh's wasnt..he did 2 SA..First one the volume was 12 millilitre (2.5 times of normal!) but count was low..He redid the test so this time volume was 6 millilitre but count was again low.. Dr said currently chances of conceiving naturally is REALLY low..He referred us urologist (God knows when with BC's LONG waiting lists).. Not sure what next..Sorry for the post just needed off my chest.. i had a job interview last week and got the rejection email too.. turning 32 next week..jobless and childless..when it rains it sure pours

This whole process does seem to be long. All my dh as seemed fine then it came to ivf and we only fertilise done out of 12! We were told in future we'd need icsi. Now I had doubts as dh morphology was always rubbish but just within the parameters, I was always fobbed off. What I'm try get I say is that when you get to this stage at least you'll have is I to begin with. Dh can change his lifestyle habits, foods and drinks etc and it will make a diff to his sperm xx

Canucks -

I'm so very sorry to hear your story. I can totally relate as our only issue was DH and his low sperm count. I know how devastating it is. I have been there. I remember us being referred to a urologist as well. It is all so overwhelming at first. I just wanted to say you are not alone as much as it feels. And yes it feels like the wait for every step of the game is endless. Everyones situation is different so I found it hard to not compare myself to others. I just wanted to let you know that there is hope! We ended up being referred to IVF/ICIS as this was our only chance of conceiving. It can and does work. I know for me it still was hard to take as this is not how I imagined my life to be playing out but in the end if and when it works you won't remember this pain nearly as much as the joy you will feel when it does work. Hugs my friend. I hope I was able to make you feel a little better. I know I met some really awesome ladies on this site that pulled me up when I was feeling down because I didn't feel comfortable sharing our situation with anyone other than my parents. Thinking of you. Hugs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->