Diabetes at 23months!

sunrise1989

Young Mum Ov 3!
Reaction score
my son is 23mths with type1 diabetes ne1 in a simular situation?

Not in similar situation but wanted to say hello and sorry about your sons diabetes :( that must be tough :nope:

How does it affect him? How did you discover he had it? does type I mean your son is insulin dependant?

Chat about it if it helps :hugs:

i kept on taking him to hosp the one week he went really dnt hill at 10month the one night his breathing went that low u wouldnt clas it as breathing he went blue and i took him hosp and the cheeky B*****D told me it was tonsilitos then brendon gave up and stoped breathin in a&e he was gone for 49 seconds the used a number of drugs and he had thouse large square stickers on his chest he came bak with about 90 different wires conected all over him from his head to his toes drips in every vein and totally not there he came bak grey but was breathing they done so many test i didnt even see him they found he needed incolin and was diagonsed 2days b4 his 1st bday with 14.9 ketones which is seriously deadly to an adult not allone a baby. it took so long to diagnosed because theyve never had a baby that young diagnosed with type 1 in that hospital b4 so they just wernt looking in that way. wer bak and forth frm hosp ever since. its soooo hard injecting your child it kills me when he knows its coming and starts crying its changed him n i just want my boy back before it took over

:hugs:

That must have been awful for you :(

Is the insulin keeping everything stable now?

Hi, just though I would say hello my daughter got diagnosed with type 1 diabetes last year at 5. We now have to keep an eye on my 21 month old as well.

I know I dont have any children, but I wanted to let you know that it is going to get better. I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes right before my 10th bday and now im almost 24 with no complications so far. I work full time, I graduated from a big university... nothing stops me. Just be diligent in his treatment and teach him as much as you can as you go along.

Hi, I am currently pregnant, 15 weeks today in fact. I am a type one diabetic, just wanted to offer you support- i know first hand how diabetes can affect your life, emotions etc and about the ups and downs too. If you want any support or advice feel free to contact me. I will endeavour to try to offer you advice etc wherever possible

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->