Diabetic ladies I need your help!!

DanielleM

Reaction score
I need a little bit of help and advice!! When I was pregnant with Jacob I was diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes and was on really high doses of insulin 30 units 5 times a day. When I gave birth my bloods were significantly reduced to near normal but I have only just been sent for a GTT 8 months PP. Today I went for my GTT and had my bloods took first, then they told me they had to wait before I had the Lucozade, they called me back after 45 mins and said I could go home and my doctor would be in touch.

That was it, just one blood test, no Lucozade, no second bloods what does this mean? I think I do have diabetes and have just been kind of burying my head in the sand and hiding away from it as I don't have a formal diagnosis. I just really don't want to be diagnosed with Diabetes, I am petrified of ending up on Insulin again and all the health risks that are involved. I also know that the longer that I am ignoring this the greater the health risks are.

Hi did they say when the doctor would call?? Maybe you could pop to one of the chemist to get a free diabetes test done there and then least you will have some idea then. It might be that you could be border line diabetes.
I know its something you dont want but there is help out there and there is a few us on here to help you answer questions. pm me if you need to ask anything xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->