Diagnosed with Sinus Tachycardia (Help please)

jtyler612

Reaction score
In the second trimester I was diagnosed with Sinus Tachycardia. I had an EKG done, I wore a 24 hr holtor monitor and my electrolytes and thyroid levels were checked along with potassium and iron. Everything came back fine. My heart rate goes up to about 120-130 when standing and doing normal everyday activities. It also brings on fatigue and I can barely stand. The doctor said my heart was in normal sinus rhythm and there were no arrhythmias found. I also have a pregnancy induced heart murmur.

Since I got into the third trimester I have felt worse. Fatigued and my heart rate goes up to 120-130 when standing or just doing normal activities. My resting heart rate is between 90-97. I also have asthma and anxiety. Sometimes I feel as though I can't breathe and I am suffocating but once I take a benadryl and use my inhaler I feel fine.

Anyone go through this? Thank you!!!

I also forgot to mention that I had an echocardiogram of my heart last year in May 2014 because I complained my heart was skipping a beat and everything came back fine my heart is structurally normal.

Wow! I have not ever heard of this but it must feel awful. I know how bad palpitations can feel so I cant imagine what you are going through. Will this subside after delivery?

The cardiologist believes it will subside after delivery. Sinus tachycardia comes from the sinus node, the heart natural pacemaker. He said it's a normal response to stress, anxiety or in my case, pregnancy because the body is compensating for the extra blood flow and stress of pregnancy caused on the body from the extra weight. Palpitations suck lol! On top of it I give myself anxiety thinking something worse is happening to me and then I have to use benadryl and my inhaler to calm down. It's ridiculous lol. 8 more weeks to go before I am due! Thank you for your reply!!!

Good luck to you!! I hope you are able to find some sort of relief for the next weeks ahead!

:hugs:. I don't have the same, but I do have a heart condition which is exacerbated by pregnancy (I'm only really bothered by it during pregnancy, touch wood!!) and my main symptoms are tachycardia and an arrhythmia. It isn't fun! Luckily I don't suffer from anxiety, I imagine that must be really hard with a heart condition, it is scary enough without having anxiety to contend with too :hugs:. Hang in there, focus on the fact you'll probably feel a lot better once your LO is here, and you have a diagnosis so you're not dealing with a big unknown :hugs:

I was diagnosed with this a while ago, I had 2 ECG traces done which are normal, try have put mines down to anxiety and think it is made worse by pregnancy. My heart was sitting at 130 pretty much all day and peaked at 150 a few times. Pre pregnancy my heart is around 80-90 bpm so pretty fast. I'm moderately active (I walk most places) and a healthy bmi so they aren't too concerned.

It feels horrible though. I found breathing exercises really helped slow my heart. I also have a pregnancy induced murmur!

Thank you everyone for your replies!! It really helps! I think my asthma makes it worse, too now that I'm in the third trimester. I've been resting a lot lately and trying to work on getting my anxiety under control. Can't wait until our LO is here! Thank you all again!!

Did anyone of you develop shortness of breath and at times feel like you were suffocating?

I'm currently awaiting a diagnosis for my fast Heartrate, all I get told is it's possible tachycardia and once I have the baby I'll be fine...

I feel horrendous!!! It started with palpitations at 31weeks, my Heartrate with a palpitation got recorded at 135BPM, at the time my BP was 128/85 (normally it's 100/60) and I have a trace of protein in my urine, so my doctor sent me off to the hospital.

The only conclusion there could draw up then, was my iron had dropped from 140 to 100 my platelets had also dropped to a 100. So was prescribed iron tablets.

Needless to say that hasn't worked!!! I have been forward and back to GP, hospital and midwife... At first my resting Heartrate was 100, palpitation 135.... That has now since increased to resting Heartrate 122 and palpitation 150-170.... I find now doing most things a great struggle, I can't walk very far without feeling dizzy, light headed and breathless, even just standing up I can feel my heart racing... It's got so bad now that the palpitations will wake me up during night!!!

I've just recently been fitted with a 24 hour heart tape monitor and just awaiting the results from that.

The hospital are pretty much useless in the fact I've asked for help!, I've asked what I can do to stop them and I just get told there's nothing them or I can do to stop it and it will go once I have my baby.... Thankfully I'm nearly 37weeks and my c-section is planned at 39weeks.

My platelets and iron got retested a couple of weeks ago and my platelets went down to 86 and my iron to 108..... Midwife took my bloods the other day as she's convinced there have dropped further and she was even more concerned that my platelets maybe at rock bottom, as it took quite a while for the bleeding to stop where she drew blood :(... If this is the case I will need a platelet transfusion and I'm told this May help with my Heartrate...

Have you had your bloods tested lately? X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->