Diaper Rash?

JennyLynn512

Mom to four
Reaction score
Need a little advice ladies...

This morning I was giving Valerie a bath and I noticed some small red spots on her bottom. The area is not inflammed (red) or patchy at all, just has about 8 or so red spots. What is this? I recently bought a different kind of diapers and have been using them, could this be because of that? I also breastfeed, so I am worried about thrush. I haven't seen anything going on in side of her mouth and my nipples aren't sore at all. Just a little worried as she always spits up after every feeding (done this since the day we brought her home) and now with the red spots on her bottom, I am becoming a total worrier.

One other thing I want to mention is that we are having a pretty extreme heat wave here. We don't have air conditioning in our house, but it's not too hot in here. Could this be a heat rash? She's been acting much different since it got hot...doesn't sleep well, fussy, and wanting to eat all the time. Just wondered if the heat may have something to do with it??

Sounds like classic nappy rash. Lilia had this recently when it was really warm here and i tried all the creams and everything...i was even changing her hourly in the end but nothing helped. The doctor prescribed some hydrocortisone cream and it cleared up within a day. Now if its warm (like today) i make sure she gets plenty of nappy-free time and smother her in a barrier cream (i use bepanthen)
Doesn't sound like thrush cos that is little white spots not red btw!

I would say it could either be nappy rash or thrush and if its nappy rash it may be that you changed nappies. Give her little bum some nappy-free time and use a nappy rash cream, if its no better in 3-4 days go to your dr or see a pharmacist who will give you something for it. What I have seen of thrush in the nappy area it is indeed just like nappy rash; little red spots; but nappy rash cream doesnt clear it up.

If you don't already use it you could also try using baby powder after every changing. I myself don't use it because of angels chronic lung disease but a friend of mine has been using it since day one and her baby has never had a diaper rash. I hope you find something that helps!!!

My kid gets this and it gets so bad that some of the spots get puss filled heads on them even. The doc says it's just something that happens and to try to let her run around without her nappy on for a while. I also use a cream called Metanium on her and it's fantastic!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->