Diaper use

Ultra Violet

Reaction score
Hello! I am still in 3rd tri but wanted to ask over here about your experience with diapering your newborn breastfed baby. Mostly I was wondering what your experience has been as far as the number of diapers you use in a day? I know each baby is different but am trying get a good estimate. I found a great service that delivers and picks up cloth and compostable diapers in my community so I'm trying to figure out cost estimate based on how many I might need every week.

8-10 a day at first, it'll gradually reduce over time.
Always allow for the higher number just in case, ie maybe you just changed baby who then does another poo.

It can be up to 12 a day to begin with, which DS certainly managed to do. Agree with the above to go with the highest possible number to begin with and see how it goes.

My LO is only 5 weeks and is going through about 10+ diapers/day. The first couple weeks she was going through more than that because I would change her before each nursing session (which were on demand) and the diapers were always wet or wet and poopy. We were using cloth and disposables and we needed to change the cloth much more often than the disposables. Right now we're using disposables since she is between the nb sized cloth and the one-sized cloth. I would err on the side of needing more diapers than less to start with. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->