diaphragmatic hernia

Tantan

Nathan, Brandon & Bump
Reaction score
Hi,

My son was born with a diaphragmatic hernia, he was operated on when he was 2 days old and in ICU for 3 Weeks (which is a very short time for this) and we got him home within a month.

Now with this pregnancy I am worried sick that it will happen again. I have looked it up and we have a 2% of it happening again.

I'm just wondering if there is anyone there that had a child born with a diaphragmatic hernia and went on to have a baby with out any complications?

No experience here, but I just wanted to wish you luck and the odds sound good in your favor for sure! 2% is quite low, but I also understand about any chances are not nice to hear as I have a 10-20% chance of another abruption occurring and the doctor said that wasn't bad but it sure is to me!

Hello.. My son was also born with a diapragmatic hernia.. He had lots of complications and had about 4 surgerys! they found out his right lung wus fused with his liver and it could not be seperated.. he had very bad hyper tension and was in a induced coma for the 1st mo of his life.. he got a trec at 3mo and about a week after the first time i held him he passed away! i have also been trying to have another child and the doc. have reassured me that the chance of it happining to me again is 1 in 20,0000 i think all will be well.. and God bless the parents and children in situations like this!

This didn't happen to me, but my friend's first baby had it. He unfortunately didn't survive. She had a daughter almost a year ago and she's totally and completely fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadleyfai
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->