diarrhea during early pregnancy

tropicsgirl

Reaction score
Hi! Sorry if TMI....but I just started having diarrhea yesterday and have it off and on today. I feel slightly nauseous, but not major. I've read that diarrhea is normal during early pregnancy, but less common. Anyone else have this symptom?? Also, does anyone feel their nausea goes away when they eat something? I swear I've been eating oranges all day just to keep myself from feeling nauseous!

You prob have diarrhea from eating so many oranges ;)

Hi,
Yes, i had a diarrhea about two days ago. It went away same day so i was happy about that. I read that taking activated carbon helps. It helps to stop it and it absorbs the bad toxins and whatever is causing it.
As for the nausea, i have the opposite. I feel sick about half an hour after every time i eat. I have to force myself to eat. My sister had the same as you do. I guess there are different types of nausea!
If you eat oranges, that's a great source of vitamin c for you! I hope all of it goes away quickly for you, and you feel better.

I agree its prob the oranges i was drinking tons of orange juice and kept havig diareaha then i stopped drinking it and it went away. Also dry cereal seemed to help nausea most for me gl

Krisum and I wannanewbaby, I don't know!! I don't think so though...because I normally eat oranges and drink orange juice often and never had this problem. Now I feel fine...but who knows it could come back later...:wacko:

I had the worst case of diarrhea during my first pregnancy. I am not sure what I ate, but I was traveling and when I landed I went to the restroom and TMI, it was like an explosion. Never have I been so embarrassed, horrified and grossed out all at the same time. I took comfort knowing that it was normal to experience diarrhea, but I hope never to experience it on that level again.

I always get diarrhea in early first trimester. Also, if your nausea is going away with food, it's likely a VERY common blood sugar issue, which is caused by these hormones making everything go crazy. Try eating small, frequent meals. Another thing I do is keep a hard candy in my mouth whenever I'm nauseated. The constant flow of little bits of sugar makes me feel better. :)

I get upset stomach, mine gets upset due to hormones. I get ibs connected to hormones with periods to

I've had diarrhea (really bad at times) with this pregnancy. It's unusual for me. I had the opposite problem with previous pregnancies.

Me! :blush: There was this one particular week (around week 5/6??) where it was like 2-3x a day, and about 20-30mins after eating. :( Not fun, and I was pretty sore. But it went away, and only re-visited me once or twice since then. :thumbup:

Some days i have it and spme days im constapated. Its weird

I got diarrhea with this pregnancy early on and my last two pregnancies. I read that it wasn't very common so I thought there was something wrong, but then I started reading how many women actually get it and I felt better.

I had bad diarrhea in early pregnancy and was confused of course because you always hear about constipation as being normal. Lots of ladies chimed in and had the same issues and of course all is well! It eventually goes the "other" direction for a lot of us lol.

I had it with my son very early on, and I know a few others have as well.

I haven't had any constipation this pregnancy, but I have had several bouts of diarrhea. It's been quite unpleasant actually and I'm quite looking forward to it stopping. Upsettingly, it catches me by surprise, often when I'm walking around out and about (movement triggered maybe?) - which leads to an embarrassing hunt for a loo. I can't wait for it to end!

x

It's good to know I'm not the only one! Today is wasn't so bad...but it seems like I only have it in the morning. Could it also be from the prenatal vitamins I'm taking? Honestly...I'd rather have this than all day nausea ( I HATE throwing up...)

Squirrel, mine is also sometimes triggered when I move as well...I am also eating a lot more healthy right now (craving lots of fruit, veggies, etc) so maybe that's why I'm so regular! Haha!

Hi ladies- I know this is an old thread, but I have also had diarrhea on and off since Saturday night. Saturday night I also had some vaginal bleeding and, of course, was really worried. Monday morning I had an ultrasound and everything was okay, but then that night I had more bleeding. I've been noticing that every time I have diarrhea I have bleeding. I've read this could be from an irritated cervix, which sounds a lot less scary than other alternatives...

Did any of you also have bleeding with diarrhea?

I have just started having diarreah as well. I don't have any bleeding at the moment but I have a cervical erosion which would bleed if I had a BM during my luteal phase. I expect you've probably got that. It's completely harmless it just means there are some sensitive cells on the outside of the cervix and a bit of pressure can make them bleed.

Yeah been there especially early on.. Figure it was my version of morning sickness as I haven't had I nausea. Now it swings in roundabouts, either constipated or diarhhea, pregnancy is so fun!

Yeah been there especially early on.. Figure it was my version of morning sickness as I haven't had I nausea. Now it swings in roundabouts, either constipated or diarhhea, pregnancy is so fun!

Same here. I had diarrhea for about a week when I was 5 weeks pregnant and now I have the same problem as ruthb. Not fun at all. I also have IBS so my stomach could be quite upset before pregnancy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->