diastasis recti???

StarAngel

Reaction score
Hey ladies,

I am 35 + 6 days and I notice that when I lie down and do a 'sit up' my belly prutrudes a bit above my belly button, my bump has dropped. A few weeks ago my pilates instructor checked to see if I had it and I didnt then, but this pointyness of my bump is concerning me a small bit. I have no pain associated with it and when I had phsio for torn glute muscle few weeks back she said I had a strong core.

Is it normal to get a pointy belly or am I going to have issues with this postpartum?

If you were fine a couple of weeks ago, then you're probably still OK.

When you are cleared to get back to exercising postpartum, do some careful reading on how to repair diastasis recti, and on how to check yourself for it. If it isn't extreme, then you can pull everything back together by doing the proper exercises.

You need to be careful. I have no idea when my muscles split with my twins as I never noticed until after the birth but this time they spit and my abdomen started doing the cone thing at 22 weeks. Or at least that was when I first noticed. When getting up don't pull yourself up like normal, in bed roll onto your side and push up with your arms, use tummy muscles as little as possible. Same when rolling over in bed, getting out of chairs etc. Put as much of the strain as you can thru your arms. To try and help the muscles get onto all fours and let your stomach relax then pull it up like you are pulling your belly button up to your spine and hold a while. No sit up type movements at all. If you have a birthing/gym ball they are very good for core strength exercises that wont make the muscle separation worse. Last time my muscles came back together but I am worried they wont this time after they split so early. We shall see.

My tummy has always gone pointy when sitting up (getting out of bath etc) with all my pregnancies. A few midwives have said to me i have good stomach muscles so im assuming it is just that x

I have what you are explining except its a few inches up. It almost looks like a eandom bulge.. But its actually the top of my uterus and started doing this when i started dropping

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->