Did anyone else bounce back quickly?

surprisedmama

Reaction score
Am I the only one that bounced back quickly after a C-Section? I'm not trying to brag or anything, I really am curious!

I had my C-section on Jan. 12. I was released on Sunday and back to class on the following Thursday (in college). We also went grocery shopping that day, and I drove to class as well.

After about 2 weeks, I was getting stir crazy so I began exercising again. Up until about a month before delivery, I was exercising 5-6 hours a week. Now that I am almost 6 weeks post-op, I am back to about 75% of where I was. I've started Zumba again, and have my second 5K planned for March 10.

I know, I know...I wasn't supposed to do much until my checkup, but the slight risk of injury was better than my PPD getting worse.

Surely I can't be the only one who had a quick recovery?

Am I the only one that bounced back quickly after a C-Section? I'm not trying to brag or anything, I really am curious!

I had my C-section on Jan. 12. I was released on Sunday and back to class on the following Thursday (in college). We also went grocery shopping that day, and I drove to class as well.

After about 2 weeks, I was getting stir crazy so I began exercising again. Up until about a month before delivery, I was exercising 5-6 hours a week. Now that I am almost 6 weeks post-op, I am back to about 75% of where I was. I've started Zumba again, and have my second 5K planned for March 10.

I know, I know...I wasn't supposed to do much until my checkup, but the slight risk of injury was better than my PPD getting worse.

me too!! lol i didn't even have the morphine over night!! everyone told me stairs were evil i felt nothing, i got told off by the midwife for doing too much but i felt fine, i actually stopped taking my pain killers early so that i could feel the 'niggle' to remember i had a operation! lol

i had a c section with my first and recovered quickly only had paracetamol for the pain and was up and about straight away, I wthink been up and about helps you recover quicker as well

i had a c section with my first and recovered quickly only had paracetamol for the pain and was up and about straight away, I wthink been up and about helps you recover quicker as well
i agree! i kept wriggling my toes all night to make sure i had the feeling back lol, then i had to beg the midwife to let me have a shower as i nearly fainted, but after that i was fine!!!

Both my c-sections I was up and trolling the hospitals halls as soon as I was allowed. I was also really chipper following the surgery and didn't feel tired or sick, after my first one I remember turning to the nurse and saying... "So when can I eat?" and she looked at me like I had three heads. :winkwink:

Same here. When my mom saw me the day after the surgery she asked me if they are now doing the surgeries differently because she was so surpised to see me up and about less than 24 hours after the procedure. I am so grateful that I recovered so well. I was driving 2 days after being home and really did not need my pain meds. I felt so lucky as I had seen a young lady in the hosp. who had a C-Sec the day before me and she could barely move.

I did however go home with Baby Blues. I had seemed to cry over everything for about 2 weeks and felt very nervous and anxious. Thank Goodness It only lasted about 2 weeks and things really seemed to fall into place with LO afterwards.

Me to only paracetmol for a little bit of pain. After a couple of days I was bending up and down easy so had to be careful as I felt I could lift etc so had to stop myself.

I did well with my section too. I had my girl 1.30am and was in the shower 6.30am. Horrible itching after the morphine but that was really all.

I had diclofenac prescribed for a few days after surgery but I was pretty mobile within a few days. I was driving after 4 weeks, but I could have been a lot sooner, it just so happened I didn't need to as hubby was about. Bending for laundry etc wasn't a problem.

I only had one specific time when I hurt myself, probably after about 3 weeks or so when I felt absolutely fine and had stopped moving gently, I turned over in bed / or tried to get out of bed (I can't quite remember which) but I moved far to quickly and my scar reminded me that I still wasn't healed, even if I thought I was lol!

Now I am very much considering an elective section for this one as I just found it so easy to recover from.

My dd was in special care so 12 hours after I was up and down corridors multiple times a day I had no pains and thought wow is this is, yet all the women on my ward who's babys were next to them had a very rough time recovering I think.keeping busy definitely helped x

My husband wouldn't allow me to do anything for the first week but I was up and around because I was so sick of sitting down and not doing anything. I was off pain meds completely after a week and when my husband went back to work and wasn't able to nag at me to not do anything I was back to normal activity. At 1 month you couldn't even see my scar.

My dd was in special care so 12 hours after I was up and down corridors multiple times a day I had no pains and thought wow is this is, yet all the women on my ward who's babys were next to them had a very rough time recovering I think.keeping busy definitely helped x

Me too, my little guy was born early so as soon as the spinal block wore off I was up and walking to NICU to go see him. The nurses kept offering me a wheel chair but I honestly felt it was unnecessary. The lady in the bed next to me had a section an hour after mine and refused to move. They had to lift her out of bed and wheel her around, she was there a few days longer than I was as well.

Activity is good, people don't realise that it is an important part of c-section recovery.

I was fine had paracetamol for the pain and had to stay in for 3 days (policy) but I was up and out the week after and driving that week to. I didn't exercise until 10 weeks not because I wasn't able but I do regular intense exercise 5-6 days a week and am very body conscious so didn't want to rise an injury or doing any damage.

Yeah I recovered really quickly as well. I've had 2 elective sections. My first I recoevered well but this 2nd one I am amazed at how quickly I got back to normal. My son was in scbu so going up and down for 3 days to see him meant I didnt have time to rest as much as I probably should have. I was out walking 6 hours after the section. I drove 1 week after as well.

xxx

Two days later, I was back and forth for two weeks to the hospital--walking a ton, doing stairs (way too many for even a normal day since I use a cane), lifting him a lot, etc.

I was able to do a lot, but it was SO hard. :(

I think it's normal to be able to do whatever, but I don't think it's normal (for lack of a better word) to be able to do things painfree.

Did that even make sense, lol? :hugs:

I think I did pretty well with recovery. I stopped taking any pain meds on day 2 and home that day. I might have had a few tylenol after coming home that was it. By day 5 or 6 I was up and around as LO had to be taken in for blood and results for jaundice tests, and i had other things I had to do. The pain wasn't to bad as long as I didn't push myself to much for the first 2 weekish.

I recovered really quickly too, I was up and on my feet the next morning and felt much better than I was expecting to.

I was up 12 hours after surgery. Was a very painful 3 days after birth in the hospital. The first day home was bad too. I only took tylenol at nights.

By the 8th day, I wasn't in pain anymore, and we even had sex. DH made me wait til day 7 to drive, i was going NUTS! lol!

After 2 weeks, DH had to remind me about lifting things..I already felt completely recovered.

I did, BUT I think it was because the week or so before, I was incredibly miserable!

Up until wk32, my pregnancy was pretty routine, but I then developed high blood pressure and was very carefully monitored. By week 35-36, I had excessive swelling, extreme breathlessness and terrible headaches; I had an emergency c-section due to pre-eclampsia and after 24hours in high dependency for treatment, felt fantastic! I could breathe (big sigh of relief!), walk, shower, etc., and the painkillers were great! Now, three weeks onwards, I do have some pains in my stomach and at the site of the incision, but not being pregnant, I can take regular painkillers and they work!

best wishes

ps. if only I could have gotten that tummy tuck as well! (I am just kidding...sort of)

I did. I felt fine at about 2 weeks. I went shopping with my husband the day I was discharged, and was walking to and from the NICU while in the hospital. :)

I recovered really fast - I was up within 12 hours of the section, though I did need morphine for the pain that day. The day after I felt hardly any pain anymore and stopped pain meds and was discharged from hospital. I was quite weak and couldn't walk too far for a week but other than that I felt well and normal. i was doing housework and hoovering etc. the week after without difficulties.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->