Did anyone have a threatened miscarriage in the first trimester?

wonderstruck

Reaction score
I'm only about 9 weeks and just had a 'threatened abortion' last night due to unexplained bleeding but a subsequent scan showed a normal pregnancy with a strong heartbeat.

Some stuff I've read says it's nothing to be overly concerned about and that the odds are in my favour, and others seem to indicate that an actual miscarriage is inevitable and I should prepare for the worst.

I can't help but feel nervous so I'm curious for those of you in your third trimester, how many of you had a threatened miscarriage in your first trimester and went on to have a normal healthy pregnancy?

Just looking for reassurance I guess. Thanks ladies!

I had a bleed around 12 weeks and it progressed into having some small clots that made me venture to the ER...baby had strong heartbeat everything was good, they did a pelvic exam to make sure cervix was closed...and it was. The ER diagnosed me with a bladder infection and gave me a prescription after a few days on it the bleeding stopped and never had it again. So makes me think it was due to that...

Hope everything turns out okay for you :hugs:

Any spotting is classed as a threatened miscarriage so yes I had this due to spotting. I also did with my three year old son and he's lying next to me, taking up all the space in my bed and snoring his head off!!

I started spotting the day after my bfp at 12dpo. Spotted, had bleeding, and small clots all but 2 of the first 12 wks. Then it just stopped. I had lots of ultrasounds and Dr gave a 50% chance of miscarriage. They never figured out why I had bleeding and ruled out a SCH. Thankfully it has stayed away since and I am now 32+5 wks. There is hope. :flower:

21 weeks & had SCH at 7 weeks with 50% odds of miscarriage. Rest, no lifting, pelvic rest & plenty fluids. All is well now.

I did, bleed up too 13 weeks. Sometimes very heavy. They also told me baby looked to low in the uterine wall & here I am Hun. Good luck x

Good luck. Ive had two episodes where this happened and sadly I lost the baby but this time baby clung on even though I bled from 9-18 weeks! Im now 35 weeks pregnant. Good luck x

I did with my 1st baby. I had a bleed at 8 weeks, it was a massive gush and then nothing. Went for a scan at 9 weeks and baby was fine. They said was nothing to worry about but on my notes it said threatened miscarriage which sounded scary! Anyway she's a healthy 6 year old now so was all good X

I bled heavily from 12-16 weeks due to an SCH and was intially told that I was having another miscarriage. I was on pelvic rest and was told to take it easy until it reabsorbed, which it eventually did my around 28 weeks. My little boy is now 20 weeks old.

I did with my second pregnancy (first pregnancy miscarried). Was terrified and sure baby would miscarry like first. She's now four 😀

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->