Did anyone have Medical Management?? UPDATED TODAY 1ST POST

M

maggsy11

Hi ladies,

It's been 8 weeks since I had medical management for my mmc. I have still not had af, my bloods are still showing hcg in my system. They are at 25 now so still getting pos hpt's.

I'm so fed up waiting for my af and hoping for a BFN, so I know where my cycles at.

Have any of you had the same problem and also took the medical management route? Do you think the drugs they use really mess with your cycle?

The doc I seen before signing the consent form said they should only be in your system for no longer than three weeks.

sorry for the long post, I just need to know there is some light at the end of this dark tunnel!!

xmagsx:hugs:

UPDATE
Thank you all for your lovely replies and the info you have given me.

I'm going to wait till monday and phone the EPU.

My blood was taken on monday with hcg level at 25, I've just done a CB digital with sensitivity of 50 miu ( I know I must be mad!!) but its came back as pregnant 1-2 weeks?? we have dtd loads in the last couple of weeks so now my head is in a complete twirl!!
Surely the CB digi would not have pick up levels at 25 or lower??

Any more advice would be greatly appreciated

xmagsx :hugs:

me i had ont but never had any problems negative test after 1 week and af returened after 4 have they checked you for retained products? x

Thanks for replying,

No they haven't checked for retained tissue, no scan nothing. I did have some brown spotting over the last couple of days, so I guess that it could be possible, not sure if I should phone the EPU for sdvice as its my GP whos been doing the blood tests

Hi, I had a D&C on April first, still no AF. I think my body decided I had given birth, and went into a post-partum anovulatory phase. That's gyno-speak for my hormones are totally screwed up! So, now I have a 3-month full sloshy uterus, and everything has hurt in my lower abdomen for 12 weeks now. Nice, eh? Midwife finally put me on Provera for ten days to trigger an AF...should come Saturday. Sad to say, I'm really looking forward to it. It can't be worse than this. From reading others' posts these last few months however, I retain little hope that even this AF will re-regulate my hormones and that I'll OV normally in a couple of weeks. I've read from a lot of women that the next few AF's can be completely irregular: 45 days, 32 days, 25 days, 40 days...

For women like this it sounds like things balance out after about six months. I have to say, that after each of my babies, things also balanced out after six months. So I figure that my body thinks that I gave birth, and hasn't figured out otherwise quite yet. I hate not being fully in charge of this process!! I think instead of Mamabel, I should have chosen TypeAPlus for a handle, or maybe QueenofmyWorld. It's hard to just be a human.

I had medical management on 27th May and have been waiting for my BFN as I'd had virtually no bleeding for over a week.

I have had pain building up this week (initially thought it was like ovulation pain) and inevitably ended up back at EPU this morning. An internal scan revealed an incomplete miscarriage (lining is 15mm and there are 'lots of small clots'). I started bleeding again fairly heavily while I was at the hospital so hopefully a D&C won't be necessary, and I have been given antibiotics in case of infection.

I've no idea what my HCG levels are like until I ring the hospital later this afternoon, but I had asked about a follow-up scan and precautionary antibiotics when I was discharged on the day of med management and was told they weren't done as a routine -I really wish I'd been a bit more forceful !!

If you're not happy I'd definitely get back onto the hospital. (I nearly didn't bother because I thought they'd think I was just making a fuss about nothing.)

Update : HCG down to 93 and they have now decided they are now happy it's a complete miscarriage but it will take another couple of weeks for my hormone lvels to drop down completely.

Maggsy

I had my med management 9 weeks ago, I have been bleeding since (bar 1 week) they have just confirmed today after 8 scans that I have some tissue still left and my hcg is 43. last week it was 31 and they do not know why it has risen, they tried to say that it was another pregnancy. I havnt had sex so it couldnt be possible.

Im sorry that you are going through this, get yourself to the epau and have a scan to check there is no retained products.

its a nightmare but at least you know your not alone.

take care :hugs:

Seen your update maggsy.

How often have you had your bloods taken to monitor hcg? Did you do a pregnancy test after your medical management at all? When did you stop bleeding?

You could poss be pregnant but it could also be retained tissue. Although i think if there was still tissue left you would probably still be bleeding, maybe with pain.

Sorry for all the questions! Just trying to be of some help lol x

Hi meow,

my bloods have been monitored since 3 weeks ago so every 3-4 days, but the last one was not done for 10 days, that was on monday and it was at 25 the one before that was at 47, so thought it would have been almost gone. I thought that it should have went down again since monday that why I tested.
I only bled for 8 days and didn't test after mmc till about 4 weeks after and they have all been positive, but getting fainter.

I had a bit of brownish discharge a few days ago, I'm so confused now, I shouldn't have done the digi!!

Thanks so much for replying

xmagsx :kiss:

HI Maggsy,
Well my story is: I found out there was no baby on May 27th at the ER ( there for spotting) and had another u/s on june 2nd. Still no change. I waited a week, and decided I just couldn't take the wait so dr gave me misoprostol to insert vaginally for 5 days. dose 1: extreme cramping, passed alot of clot and blood, dose 2: still some clots and blood, dose 3 less of both, and I am on the 4th dose: I have had cramping with every dose. I am waiting to have my first blood work on tuesday to see where my levels are. I am hoping we set up an u/s to make sure everything is out. If I were you girl, I would recommend a u/s just to be sure everything is out of there so you can start over. I wsa pry not much help, but just though I would share my story.. Take care!! Keep us updated...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->