Did anyone jog before and is still jogging now?

Nics

Reaction score
Hi there pregnant ladies! Just wondering if you've continued jogging now that you're pregnant? I'm 8+2 and have jogged a couple of times but then got scared and stopped. Today I jogged again on the treadmill but only on 7.5 for 20 mins, so not totally mental!

Anyone else doing the same or has any thoughts on this subject?
Ta :)

I had just started running when I found out I was pregnant, and I have decided to stop. I think I will just walk and swim now. I am 35 and this is my first baby, although I did have a MC a few years ago - so I am being as careful as I can really...

When I fell pregnant last year (m/c) I was training for a triathlon and my midwife suggested not running as the thudding is the problem.

Since though I have read various articles that say if it's something you do already then it's ok to continue.

I think it's a difficult one to get a definitive answer on.

I'm 35 also and have decided to stop running again this time. I don't want to do anything that could potentially cause problems. At the end of the day, to me, running isn't that important, I'll swim or cycle instead, but I certainly believe it's a personal choice.

Good luck with your pregnancy and a happy healthy 9 months to you x

I used to run but had to stop a couple of months before finding out I was pregnant due to a hip injury. I had intended to start again but didn't once I found out because I was too worried about getting back up to fitness while pregnant. My OH was relieved I decided not.

But if I had been running still I'd have carried on. It is totally up to you but as long as you are able to carry on without risk it would be good to do so.

Maybe have a chat with your doctor or midwife? My GP said women run marathons while 17/18 weeks!

I've been running for about 4 years, and have continued to run while pregnant.
I'm 7+2 today, and run 2-3 times a week, covering 3 miles in about 30 minutes (slightly under 10 min miles).
It helps with the morning sickness and the fatigue. Between working full time and going to school full time, I need all the help I can get. I figure when I start to get "off-balance" due to my bump, I will slow it down to walking, or maybe switch to swimming, but I"m a runner, I love running and hope to continue all through my pregnancy.

I've been running for about 4 years, and have continued to run while pregnant.
I'm 7+2 today, and run 2-3 times a week, covering 3 miles in about 30 minutes (slightly under 10 min miles).
It helps with the morning sickness and the fatigue. Between working full time and going to school full time, I need all the help I can get. I figure when I start to get "off-balance" due to my bump, I will slow it down to walking, or maybe switch to swimming, but I"m a runner, I love running and hope to continue all through my pregnancy.

I could not envy you more! Good on you for carrying on. I wish I could have done. Although all the way through would be too much for me, I'd stop when the bump appeared :haha:

This is one of my BIGGGGGGEST concerns right now. I LOVE running- it's a daily thing and I feel a million times better when I do. I am PETRIFIED to do something that will harm my little bean!! I've been running for years and so many things say it is usually fine and I don't have a history of any probs- but then if something DID happen- would I regret running? I keep going back and forth- back and forth- back and forth- and still have yet to come to a comfortable conclusion. I used to do about 5-6 miles a day. For now- I've pretty much just compromised- I lowered the speed by a bit and also do like 2 miles only- lightly- and walking in between even though I am capable of running it straight. I then use the elliptical for a bit and then the sedentary bike for a bit- always taking breaks and drinking like 2 bottles of water in that hour. I won't lie- I am still concerned and scared!! It makes me nervous- some days I just go for a walk to take it easy. My gut says as long as I tone it down- don't overdo it- and don't try to push myself (which that in itself is a challenge-) then I should be ok. I also used to spend an hour and a half every day- now I just go for an hour if I do.

I would say just take it very easy- jog some- walk some- mix it up and just listen to your body!! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->