Did anyone just know they were going to go into labour early?

haylie_bbz

Reaction score
I have this weird feeling I'm going to go into labour and not make it to my due date. Has anyone one else had this feeling and been right?

I have this feeling now but time will tell x

I also have this feeling, and I'm only 27 weeks tomorrow.

I had my twins at 27+3 last time and have already been seen once for tightening this time (yesterday!).
I've been having Braxton hicks since 20 weeks but this was different and I don't think will be the last time..!
I just don't think my body is cut out for pregnancy as I'm permanently uncomfortable/in pain. We had a 3D scan yesterday too and he looked very constricted/confined in there already (they really struggled to get a good angle for him, which is what happened at my 26 week 3D scan last time!).

I don't know how early, but I really think he's going to be early!

I did with DS1 at 36 weeks, thought for sure I would with DS2 but I was 39 weeks with him.

I had my dd at 35 weeks (EMCS for pre-e), ds at 37.5 (for ICP. I have a bicornuate uterus, irritable uterus, and ICP again- all putting me at high risk for preterm labor. This LO will be delivered at 37 weeks due to the ICP, but I feel like we aren't going to make it there. We'll see!

I had my dd at 35 weeks (EMCS for pre-e), ds at 37.5 (for ICP. I have a bicornuate uterus, irritable uterus, and ICP again- all putting me at high risk for preterm labor. This LO will be delivered at 37 weeks due to the ICP, but I feel like we aren't going to make it there. We'll see!

What is ICP if you don't mind me asking

I didn't know with my first two but I'm sure since I went early with them that I'll go early again with this one, watch the little guy be a stinker and not come til past my due date lol ;)

With my first, I went 1 1/2 weeks over. With this one, I thought for sure I'd go early. I was even having some regular contractions and signs of pre-/early-labor at 36 weeks. I switched to 1/2 days at work to slow things down, per my doctor. I am now due tomorrow with no signs of baby. You just never know!

ICP is Intrahepatic Cholestasis of Pregnancy
I had this with my dd am itching terribly this time but nothing showed up in results yet .... I too feel like baby not going to make it to 37 weeks I don't know why just have a feeling

I had a feeling from the start with my son that I was going to go early - I did, 36.4weeks.
This time... I dont want to assume anything and its getting in the way of my gut feelings!! I have no idea! X

I had a feeling with my first and sure enough she was born at 37 weeks. I thought I was going early with my second and although I was already 3 cm dilated and experiencing contractions they induced me at 36+4 due to high blood pressure. This time with my twins I feel like I'm going to have them before 37 weeks, but they will be doing a Csection no later than 39 weeks.

ICP is Intrahepatic Cholestasis of Pregnancy
I had this with my dd am itching terribly this time but nothing showed up in results yet .... I too feel like baby not going to make it to 37 weeks I don't know why just have a feeling

I'm really in the same boat. I had it suddenly and severely around 36 weeks w ds1 with high bile acids and normal lfts. This time I've been itching (the same nighttime pattern) for 2 months - and it's that same unmistakable itch. Labs have been normal so far, but after trying hydroxyzine and prednisone without success, my doc and MFM doc are treating me as an ICP pt again and just waiting for labs to reveal it. So they are planning CS for 37 weeks. Starter on Urso last week, and my labs are being drawn tomorrow. I hope you get answers soon too!! :hugs:

I've had it from the start, it didn't help that at my 16 week consultant appointment my consultant told me that i'd be lucky to make it to my section date, I get people telling me i'm too low for how far along I am.
my midwife has always found baby's heartbeat really low down.
sometimes it feels like he is trying to push himself out. still have a little over 12 weeks to go

I said the same thing quite early on in my first pregnancy and delivered at 35 weeks. No signs of this baby moving any time soon though!

I did! Ds1 came at 30 weeks, at 35 weeks with ds2 labour started, posit fibronectin test. KNEW I'd never make my due date... DS2 arrives Tuesday...12 days late! Xx

Hmm...I started having intense Braxton Hicks just before 27 weeks. My doctor even sent me to the hospital to be checked (luckily preterm labor was ruled out) and I ended up staying for 24 hours for monitoring. I was diagnosed with an irritable uterus, which put me at slightly higher risk of having the baby early (18% vs. 11% of the general population that goes into preterm labor), but was then sent home with the instruction to take it easy and stay hydrated, and wasn't prescribed any medication. Contractions have only become more noticeable and more frequent the further along I've come. Ever since my hospitalization and until recently, I'd had this feeling that the baby would be coming early, but now I'm convinced it was just fear and not actual intuition. Seeing as, I'm currently 38w4d and still very pregnant with no dilation or effacement and no signs of impending labor. Doctor thinks I may even go overdue. So in my case at least, my feeling was very wrong :winkwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->