Did anyone not have troubles conceiving after 1st baby? Late night thoughts

taylorttc

Reaction score
Just laying awake after dealing with a very unsettled teething little lady, I hate seeing her upset and pained, horray for nearly being done with teething!

So, with our daughter it took 2 and a half years to conceive.
Felt like a lifetime, so much stress and upset but we got there.
First cycle TTC#2 and I'm wondering if anyone had no problems falling pregnant for the second, third, fourth time etc. after having struggled with #1?

I'm not banking on a BFP on cycle 1 however that would be incredible.

This month we've BD CD10,12,14,16 and 18
Now we are both BD'd out:haha:

Thank you in advance for any lovely replies X

Took my and my husband 2 years with dd currently on month 13 ttc no 2 and still no luck hopefully u will catch quicker with no 2 lots of baby dust to u xx

I'm opposite to you, fell pregnant first try with DS and now having problems conceiving no. 2 but I think it's coz I'm still breastfeeding. GL to you :)

Took my and my husband 2 years with dd currently on month 13 ttc no 2 and still no luck hopefully u will catch quicker with no 2 lots of baby dust to u xx

Hi lovely,
Oh that is so similar with us, took us 2 and a half years with our first who is now 16 months.

Fingers crossed you catch the egg very soon! Lots of baby dust to you :kiss:

X

I'm opposite to you, fell pregnant first try with DS and now having problems conceiving no. 2 but I think it's coz I'm still breastfeeding. GL to you :)

Hey Hun!
Oh wow first try that's amazing! I bet you were overjoyed :hugs:

How long have you been trying for #2? Yeah I've heard that breastfeeding can cause problems conceiving it interrupts hormones etc doesn't it? See my little one was bottle fed and I didn't start any contraception after her birth so it's been 16 months now so hopefully we could be lucky.

I won't hold my breath though I'm expecting to be waiting a while. My thyroid plays a big part in TTC.

Good luck to you xxx

Hey Hun!

How long have you been trying for #2? Yeah I've heard that breastfeeding can cause problems conceiving it interrupts hormones etc doesn't it? See my little one was bottle fed and I didn't start any contraception after her birth so it's been 16 months now so hopefully we could be lucky.

I won't hold my breath though I'm expecting to be waiting a while. My thyroid plays a big part in TTC.

Good luck to you xxx

It was amazing we got pg straight away with DS and I think I really took for granted how lucky we were! We are only on cycle 3 ttc no. 2 but I am already so frustrated and over it! It's just heartbreaking every month and I now have so much admiration for women who ttc for a long time!

I am feeling optimistic atm, I should o in a few days. Yes even though I got AF back at 6mo pp and am regular the BF can still be affecting things ;( DS feeds a lot day and night and I love BF so not going to change anything. I'm taking b6 as I've read it helps BF mums to conceive. Also started temping so hopefully I can confirm I am o'ing.

How many dpo are you? I hear soooooooo often of women who struggled with no. 1 conceiving no. 2 straight away so you never know! xx

I had great success with following pregnancies. My first took 8 years, the others took one baby dance and boom!

My first took a couple of cycles (3 i think). TTC for number 2 now for for 14 cycles and had one early loss and nothing else. So sad and frustrated! I think this time my weight isnt helping as I'm pretty heavy compared to when I conceived with my son.

Good luck to us all!

My first took over 8 years. Now ttc #2 we are on month 25. I thought it would be easier this time since we figured out what worked the first time. But we've done 6 medicated cycles this year and resulted in 2 chemicals no sticky beans. :nope:

We were the opposite too, we fell pregnant first try with ds. This time around we're onto our 4th month of trying and we took 2 cycles off as well so in all 6 months ago feels like forever. Really hope it's quicker for you this time around!

We were the opposite too, we fell pregnant first try with ds. This time around we're onto our 4th month of trying and we took 2 cycles off as well so in all 6 months ago feels like forever. Really hope it's quicker for you this time around!

Ditto, first try with no. 1. I'm sooooooooo frustrated and over this, I want no. 2 already! :growlmad::growlmad:

I am currently trying for number two having fallen pregnant in cycle 3 with my first. We are on cycle 2 at the moment but I am now 33 (I was 28 when I had my first) and i don't think things will be as easy

Took me a little time for my first 5 years ago.... This present pregnancy was on the first try...

Wow it's amazing how everyone has their own experience when it comes to TTC.
It's crazy that years ago we would assumed that we would have no troubles yet some people try for years and years and years with no succes.
I wish every one the best of luck , it's a hard time but we are all here for one another :hugs:

TTC number 2 and we've NTNP for 4 years and nothing....but this will be our first month actually TTC since DS.

Hey Hun!

Good luck to you xxx

We conceived our son after 15 cycles of trying and are now TTC #2, we are hoping it works faster this time around! We are just starting our 4th cycle this time around. Since having DS my cycles have been 44 days, 43 days and this past one was 35 days (hopefully regulating a bit??)

My thyroid played a huge part in getting pregnant the first time. My TSH level was at a 3.5 we brought it down to 1.5 with a low dose of synthroid and the very next cycle we conceived. I feel that it was the reason it took us so long the first time around.

Baby dust!

We conceived our son after 15 cycles of trying and are now TTC #2, we are hoping it works faster this time around! We are just starting our 4th cycle this time around. Since having DS my cycles have been 44 days, 43 days and this past one was 35 days (hopefully regulating a bit??)

My thyroid played a huge part in getting pregnant the first time. My TSH level was at a 3.5 we brought it down to 1.5 with a low dose of synthroid and the very next cycle we conceived. I feel that it was the reason it took us so long the first time around.

Baby dust!
Good luck to you and I hope you're not waiting so long this time!

Our first was conceived really easily. Our second took 14 months (though that was only 12 cycles). But we conceived our third really easily again!

Good luck, TTC can be such a difficult time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->