Did anyone see Panarama I Want My Baby Back?

In this programme you only heard the parents view and they will not have been able to provide all the information due to the court proceedings and noone else is allowed to put forward their side of the investigations due to data protection. At the end of the day no one will truly know what has happened.

I'm on the fence, as no where can be 100% efficient, so yes mistakes will be made, and of course these will be highlighted.

MIL was given her grandkid and his sibling when they were removed from the mother - that in itself took ages despite the mother being a habitual drug user who to shut the baby up constantly fed him and he was twice the weight he should have been, they were both also give benylin to make them sleep - the older one asked for his sleep medicine.
She didnt have them long though as she had to give them back to the state when she got her knee done, it was meant to be temporary but they refused to let her have them when she got better, they also refused to let her or anyone in the family adopt them (which I have to admit I can understand - as if MIL had messed up one kid (the father, he is a career criminal/drug dealer/user) then what will happen to them?

They did rehome them together, despite the older one trying on a number of occasions to smother the baby.

I'm currently training to be a social worker and have always had the mindset that if you've done nothing wrong then there is nothing to worry about. Evidently that is not always the case. It's one of those though, damned if you do, damned if you don't. It must be so heartbreaking to have your child taken away from you when you're innocent. But I also feel for social workers and doctors, it's on their heads when a case of child abuse slips through the night (and rightly so!) but if they're over cautious then they're wrong too :shrug: I definitely think there is more to the story than any of these people let on though. Removal of a child usually goes through a court so it's not like it's just one person making the decision to remove.

I watched in on catch up tonight, followed by the adoption one and was balling my eyes out. So sad, and so sad when the grandma told her daughter to tell the son that she and grandad love him because when he's 18 she'll be dead :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->