Did anyone watch the Sister Wives series?

HarliRexx

Reaction score
I was really curious and I definitely found the show interesting, but I was disappointed because it didn't really explain much about what was behind this unusual lifestyle they've chosen.

Any opinions on this style of parenting? Do you really think it could be emotionally healthy for the children to have 4 mothers and to have to accept new mothers and children into their home as they join their family? Is one dad who splits his time between dozens of children and several wives better than not having a dad around at all?

I saw this show, Its very interesting. I think that surprisingly the family seemed to get along really well or else they can put on a good front! 4 wives WHY is my question 4 just seems like alot and 16 kids and he wants more, I think he is a little nuts.

Yeah the whole thing is very strange. I just don't believe it's possible for one guy to work outside the home like he does and devote enough personal time to 4 wives and 16 kids. It's funny how their saying is "We think love should be multiplied, not divided", but really that means the wives are just getting 1/4 of a husband and the kids are getting just a fraction of a dad.

^^ That's a very good point.

I saw the first few episodes of this series. It was pretty interesting. I do know that in the eyes of a fundamentalist mormon, the more wives a man has, the better he looks to God. Something to that equivalent. It's a bit strange and I can definitely see where a bit of brainwashing plays a part. It is refreshing to see the daughter saying that she doesn't want to live the polygamist lifestyle. The kids all seem to have really good heads on their shoulders. :thumbup:

lol... yeah, there was a marathon one night with all the episodes, and I watched it. I think they're all nuts, but if it makes them happy, then I guess it's working for them. I also saw them on Opera, and a few of the older kids were on there for a bit, and they said they love it. They do seem generally happy. To each they're own I guess!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->