Did I do it again!?

tah2012

Reaction score
Well, I haven't been on here in a few months. Last time I was on, I was posting in the 3rd trimester forum. That was a little over 3 months ago as my little one is about 14 weeks old now. So, what brings me back here? I'm thinking I might be pregnant again. Last year I got my first positive pregnancy test on Christmas Eve. Would be interesting to have that happen again. I'm terrified of testing!

Since giving birth I have not gotten my period back. I'm breastfeeding so I know it is perfectly normal. I don't know if anyone has any experience with this kind of situation. I feel like it's the first two week wait all over again. I'm googling pregnancy symptoms but I really don't know what to even look for. Is it different when you factor in me being a nursing mom and still in the earlier postpartum stage?

My son went through a period last week where he kept screaming at the breast and started nursing a lot more often. I thought it was just a growth spurt but I'm kind of wondering if it could have been more than that. I'm super tired, even if I sleep 6+ hours straight, crampy and have really noticeable veins in my breasts. Since giving birth, I have had to manage constipation and I had a handle on it for a while...I was taking fiber supplements (still am) and it was enough to keep me on track no problem, until the past week or so. Even with the supplements it's not such an easy task.

Not that it would be the end of the world...someone tell me I'm worried over nothing. That I'm normal and likely not pregnant. Sure, I could test but if it comes back negative it won't help relieve any concern. Maybe it just isn't showing up yet. I have nothing to really base it off of since I haven't had any normal cycles since giving birth.

You are probably worried over nothing.

Your LO is probably having a growth spurt, your body needs to produce more milk and thus you are more tired. Make sure you are getting plenty of calories!

I swear I thought I was pregnant from "symptoms" at least 3x in the first 7 months of breastfeeding. You should definitely test every now and then, but it is not uncommon to feel pregnant-ish when you are breastfeeding.

Your estrogen goes up and down a lot as your body tries to prepare eggs and ovulate, and then other parts of your body shut it down and don't let it happen. It's like a hormone war going on inside your body, especially in the first 3-6 months!

A lot of people take a "just in case" test every month or so, it would not hurt to add that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->