Did I ovulate?

Oh_Clementine

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Please don't read & run! I've posted this in a few places and am still without insight. :(

Last month I took Femara 2.5mg which made me ovulate on CD17.

This month, I upped my dose to 5mg and am currently on CD26 with (IMO) no clear thermal shift. I did have lots of ovulation pain, high quality EWCM and HSO cervix.

I have a terrible sleeping pattern and still managed to to see the clear shift on my chart last month, with solid crosshairs on all detector modes, however, it had been left on FAM.

This month - no clear rise and the only detector mode that gives me any sort of crosshairs is advanced mode, on CD16... which puts me at 10DPO today, with rocky temperatures staying above coverline except on CD19/3DPO and CD23/7DPO, which dipped down and then rose again above coverline.

Last month, I also had a positive OPKs and a very short surge before my O date. This month, no positive OPKs - there were lines, but definitely not as dark as the control line. It is possible I missed my surge this month.

Since around 5 days ago, I've also been having a lot of bloating and pressure in my lower abdomen and started to freak out that I may have cysts or even OHSS and have had a feeling that my thermometer may be faulty because there have been a couple of days where I've woken up, taken my temp and gotten one reading and then immediately taken my temp again and the temperature has been either a lot higher, or a lot lower, which has caused me to take my temperature again (all without moving, talking, etc) and my temperature had gone the opposite way again.

Does anyone have any similar stories, or willing to take a look at my chart?

Disclaimer: I am completely unmonitored, otherwise I'd consult with a doctor.

Here's my chart:
https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3cee20

Thanks for reading!

Your chart gave you cross hairs on cd 16. You really should be monitored while taking any fertility drug. Even if it's just a cd21 test to confirm ovulation. As far as your opks, it's very possible you missed your surge! What time of day do you test?

Your chart gave you cross hairs on cd 16. You really should be monitored while taking any fertility drug. Even if it's just a cd21 test to confirm ovulation. As far as your opks, it's very possible you missed your surge! What time of day do you test?
Thanks for your reply :)

Yes, my chart gave dotted crosshairs on CD16 but that was only in advanced mode which isn't too reliable, so I doubt its accuracy seeing as I've had 2 temps below coverline and temps dipping down close to it, which makes any thermal shift difficult to see.

OPKs I was taking sometimes 3 times a day (morning, afternoon and evening) but there were a couple of days/times I missed or didn't note in my chart because I stupidly forgot. I don't remember which days were darker than others. My OPK supply is low, so I haven't continued testing, either.

If anyone is reading I thought I would update for today! I woke up thinking I was possibly 12DPO with my cover line at 36.33. Took my temp and my current thermometer (with a suspected fault) gave me a reading of 36.28 which took my crosshairs away on FF. I played around with a fake temp for tomorrow and if I get anything over 36.50, I get crosshairs back and it says I O'd on CD19 which puts me at 9DPo today. Looking at my chart, CD19 looks to be more likely than the original CD16 but I still doubt that I O'd because there really isn't a clear shift. :(

I just want a BFP or AF so I can move on to the next cycle.

If anyone has any sort of input I would appreciate it.

Hey hun. Your chart looks pretty darn annovulatory to me, and I've seen a lot of charts. Sometimes Femara doesn't work. Sometimes you need to take two rounds in a cycle to make it work (cd3-7) and again (12-16). I had to do that a couple times.

I wouldn't really worry about ohss with femara at lower doses, but I would worry that you could give yourself a cyst, which can happen if you give a follicle enough femara to start growing but not enough to finish growing.

I did one round of Femara without doctor's supervision and it was way more stress than it was worth. (I was in the middle of switching from one doc to another to start IVF and had some Femara leftover.) Can you find a doctor who's willing to do some minimal monitoring for you or something? Without ultrasounds, it's really hard to tell what's working and what isn't.

<3

Hey hun. Your chart looks pretty darn annovulatory to me, and I've seen a lot of charts. Sometimes Femara doesn't work. Sometimes you need to take two rounds in a cycle to make it work (cd3-7) and again (12-16). I had to do that a couple times.

I wouldn't really worry about ohss with femara at lower doses, but I would worry that you could give yourself a cyst, which can happen if you give a follicle enough femara to start growing but not enough to finish growing.

I did one round of Femara without doctor's supervision and it was way more stress than it was worth. (I was in the middle of switching from one doc to another to start IVF and had some Femara leftover.) Can you find a doctor who's willing to do some minimal monitoring for you or something? Without ultrasounds, it's really hard to tell what's working and what isn't.

<3
Hello :) Thank you for the reply.

I'm on CD33 right now and my temperatures dropped right down and kept getting lower over a period of 4 or 5 days so thought I was about to bleed but nothing ever came.

I was just very confused that Femara didn't work for me this month on a higher dose, when it worked for me perfectly last month. I've heard of lower doses not working, and then it's like magic when you go to a higher dose, but not the other way around. That's what has left me stumped. :(

Unfortunately, the only way for me to be monitored is to see an RE and we can't do that right now.

Thanks again for taking the time to look over my chart and leave me a reply, I appreciate it. <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->