Did I ovulate?

WantsALittle1

Reaction score
On CD 14 I woke up to both a strong +OPK (test already darker than control) and a small temp shift. The last OPK I took on CD 13 was at 4 pm and it was close to positive, but still technically negative. So, sometime between 4pm on CD 13 and 6am on CD 14, my LH surge started. My temp has been flat, but elevated, since CD 14 and yet FF won't give me crosshairs.

It's important for me to know if I ovulated because I am supposed to start progesterone at 3 DPO.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 12
I would say you have O. I think FF is confused with your CD1 temp since your other higher temps match it. Continue OPK and temping. As far as starting progesterone I am honestly not sure :/

Angel thanks. OPKs went negative today. My best theory so far is that my surge actually started CD 13 but maybe I didn't catch it because my urine was too dilute, and then I Oved sometime over night and got my temp shift in the morning? I can't think of any other reason for getting a +OPK and temp shift on the same day.

I would say you have ovulated by the chart.. Its what mine looked like when I did :)

babydustcass, even with CD 1 discarded FF won't give me CHs :( I think it's mad because my temp shift is the same day as my +OPK? Not sure what to do. My CD13 OPK at 4pm was negative, and my CD14 FMU OPK was a strong positive. The only way FF is happy is if I move my first +OPK to CD13--then it gives me a CD13 Ov date. But there's just no way that could be, grr!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 3
Take out the fertile CM and positive OPKs after O

Powell, I'm not sure what day to use as O. What would you use?

Hmmm but I think that's the problem FF is having. My last low temp (which should be Ov) was before my first +OPK

You are probably one who ovulates shortly after your LH surge BEGINS (not when its actually detectable in urine). Some ovulate as soon as 8-12 hours after the surge begins.
Try putting a few dummy temps in for the next few days and see if you get crosshairs or a note from FF that tells you theres a discrepency in the data, I forget where exactly this shows up but i've had it with fertile CM after O.
Temps are the most reliable info so going by your temps, I still think you ovulated the day of your last low temp, probably middle of the night that night.
Do you track CM or CP?

I was wondering if that could be the case! (That my surge had started in the late evening or the middle of the night and by the time I woke I'd already ovulated.) I wonder why FF can't entertain that possibility!

I tried putting in dummy temps for the next couple of days but it had no effect--still no CH. I do track CM but not CP because I cannot reach my cervix, haha! I have tried so many times but just can't find the thing. EWCM started two days before the temp shift and lasted the day of the temp shift and then one more day after that. I got a strong hot flash today which always happens for me between 3-4 DPO, so I do think I'm either 3 or 4 DPO today even though FF doesn't agree

Thanks so much for the advice/help. I think I will start the progesterone tonight and maybe at my ultrasound on Tues (looking for fibroids/polyps) my NP can at least confirm that I did ovulate

Sounds like a good plan! I mean its pretty obvious you DID O so I think it's a good idea to go ahead and start it. Maybe FF will catch up soon lol i'm pretty confident in saying you did O. Probably in the middle of the night. I did my last two TTC cycles and had a very small rise 1DPO and it slowly went up from there. Good luck!!!!

Got a slightly higher first temp this morning but I don't trust it because the heater was set 1 degree higher overnight. So I'm just going to call this my 5th day straight of the same weak LP temp. My normal FP temp is 97.33 and this LP I've gotten 97.6 for 5 days in a row. It's such a tiny thermal shift I'm seriously concerned this was an anov cycle. Usually I'm up to 97.9 by now.

Still no FF CH this morning, so I changed my +OPK to the night before my temp shift, assuming I just missed the start of my LH surge because I didn't test frequently enough? So now FF says I'm 5 DPO.

I don't feel pregnant, I don't feel like I've ovulated, I don't feel anything at all, major blah

K, keeping in mind I moved my +OPK one day earlier because I *assume* it was positive the night of CD13 and I somehow missed the surge start, but really this theory could be total garbage!

Attachments

• IMG_9107.jpg
    IMG_9107.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 7
Oh and here are my OPKs--"13 4:00p" is the last OPK I took on CD13, so my surge started somewhere between that test and the 6:15 test on CD14

Attachments

• IMG_9103.jpg
    IMG_9103.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 7
TV u/s and PAP today. My NP is looking for fibroids but I'm secretly hoping she will be able to see if my lining looks pregnancy-thick or, at very least, if she can confirm if/when I ovulated! Temps up today, but I don't put a lot of stock in it because I'm on progesterone

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->