did i pay too much for this baby set?

Catiren

Young mom of 2 and Prego!
Reaction score
i paid 41 dollars for a 5 piece infant carseat set.

it comes with a minky head support pillow, baby lap blanket with minky underside, replacement umbrella with minky lining, a carseat canopy with minky interior, and a minky slip cover.

is that too much money to pay for this? my mom's a yard sale shopper and she believes i overpaid so much on this cute set. i mean, i dont mind saving money at a yard sale but im not going to run car gas out searching every single one for these individual pieces. if she could find them for me i'd pay her for them. besides, the yard sale ones probably have stains and been exposed to things i wouldnt want on the item.

That's about $8 an item. I'd say that's not bad at all!

Where did you get it from? Sounds like a good price... I'm interested ;)

I'm gonna have to agree with your mom. There are a collection of websites like that one for all kinds of baby supplies like nursing covers, nursing pads, carseat covers, baby leggings, nursing pillows, sling carriers, etc... that always are sending out "deals" for a percentage off, or "free" you just pay shipping (but shipping is like $12.95). The reason they are always on sale for cheap is because they are not good quality. You can google reviews of these products and many people say they are cheap and made poorly.

But, if you receive the item and they are satisfactory to you, then $40 really isn't a big deal in my opinion.

Just to mention... I got a "free" (pay about $12 shipping) carseat canopy from that same website with my first, and I thought it was pretty good quality. I could have made one myself from stash fabric for less, but it was a convenience and I appreciated it. I think those sites can be a good deal as long as you realize that their "regular" prices are a bit insane.

Just a warning, if you are interested in buying a nursing pillow, that is NOT the place to get one. I got one as a backup to my Boppy and it is junk! To be fair, I haven't tried their other items, so I can't say anything bad about them.

Just an FYI : if you use an aftermarket product on your car seat (like the support pillow and slip covers) it typically voids any warranty you have on the car seat. Also, those products aren't regulated and haven't been tested on the car seats for safety. Most also aren't flame resistant. Just passing on info that some people might not be aware of.

I'm gonna have to agree with your mom. There are a collection of websites like that one for all kinds of baby supplies like nursing covers, nursing pads, carseat covers, baby leggings, nursing pillows, sling carriers, etc... that always are sending out "deals" for a percentage off, or "free" you just pay shipping (but shipping is like $12.95). The reason they are always on sale for cheap is because they are not good quality. You can google reviews of these products and many people say they are cheap and made poorly.

But, if you receive the item and they are satisfactory to you, then $40 really isn't a big deal in my opinion.
i checked amazon first before going to carseat canopy.com and the reviews on the product i purchased were great based on the same product from amazon.com. amazon's price was also 20 bucks more plus free shipping and i didnt pay shipping with mine it was just 41 dollars for all. i didnt get any free canopy with mine as i figured i needed everything else eventually so ill just get it all there. its a nice set too! my boyfriend helped me pick out which one and glad we did it.

I think the price is fine, I'm not that keen on minky as a blanket for babies as it's polyester but apart from that $41 isn't all that much money.

I bought the car seat canopy from that website in pink...it helped my baby sleep in her car seat. I think you got a better deal on the whole set than I did on the canopy itself. I actually really appreciated mine as well.

But as another poster said I think the whole set does void your car seat warranty...but I don't know for sure as I didn't buy it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->