Did ur labour start b4 section date? What happened?

shnsn

Reaction score
This is the thing worrying me most! Starting labour b4 sectiion date.

I know I'll b put onto the emergency list but am dreading labour being so fast that I miss my section!

Anyone faced this b4? My previous section was an emergency during labour.

With DS2 I went into labour the night before my csection (but it was a late planned csection)....He was born on his due date

Basically, I got to the hospital, in labour & they just had to wait for the theatre to become free....Got to have some gas & air though :winkwink:

With DD, the csection was planned for a week early & all went as planned :thumbup:

I've had 3 sections, all were planned in advance but I went into labour with my first 2 before hand. With my first, who was breech, my waters broke, I went straight to hospital but I didnt have any pains for 6 hours, so they just left me until things started progressing (which they they then did very quickly) then rushed me to theatre.
With my second, my waters went first again, but I progressed very quickly and by the time I got to the hospital (10 mins later) I was already 6cm, they just took me straight to theatre and within 2 hours of my waters going the baby was out.

Dont worry that they wont do it, they will, just be aware and go straight in if you think things are starting

x

with my last pregnancy my waters broke a week before my planned c sec, he was breech, my waters broke 3 hours before i got to the hospital, i was having mild contractions, they examined me etc which made my labour progress and then they just preped me for c sec, although it was scary as i didnt know how fast my body would progress but i was fine! thankfully :)

I know it's an old thread but this is the EXACT fear I have!! and wondered how others are coping...

I am fixed for 39+2days , am hoping and praying baby stays IN THERE comfortably!

My c-section is scheduled for March 23rd and I am worried; yet hoping for an early arrival. As long as she makes it to 37 weeks; which is in a couple days, I will be fine. Can't wait to meet her!

Yes I freak out about that all the time :(
its up to the OB performing the C-section though and what they say about going into labour before the scheduled section. my midwife was not in the last bit pleasant and told me that I might just have to grin and bear it if I go into labour before 39 weeks but the OB makes the final decision

With DS2 I went into labour the night before my csection (but it was a late planned csection)....He was born on his due date

Basically, I got to the hospital, in labour & they just had to wait for the theatre to become free....Got to have some gas & air though :winkwink:

With DD, the csection was planned for a week early & all went as planned :thumbup:

How was the recoveries, similar? I would think that when you are contracting, the C sec would be harder to do and more rushed resulting in worse recovery than electice, more like an emcs?? Or not?

How was the recoveries, similar? I would think that when you are contracting, the C sec would be harder to do and more rushed resulting in worse recovery than electice, more like an emcs?? Or not?

Yes, your right, the afterpains are worse with an emergency....:wacko:

I went into labour about 48 hours before my section was booked, I went into hospital and woul've been put on that day's theatre list and fitted in. As it was I didn't end up having one.

Kelly - As I thought! Which makes me more convinced I want an elective!
Lizzy - How did your birth go and why were you going to get a C section?

Arj-I was booked for a section as she was breech but in the end I had a vaginal delivery which went fine x

Good work! I bet you were glad afterward that things panned out as they did!

Yes, I didn't want a section but was worried about the risks of a delivering breech-going into labour beforehand meant that I got to have my 'trial labour' which is what I wanted and I knew that I would have an EMCS if my labour didn't progress.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->