• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Did you ever hear this?

CedarWood

Reaction score
https://www.babymed.com/node/296

This alters my peeonastick perspective...
I was thinking I may be out - now I am thinking BOY:thumbup:

So with men, it starts from conception I see. pffft.

for you ladies that cant open it..it says that when pregnant with a male fetus the HCG levels are lower

Ahhhhh! So now I see the reason why I get :bfn::bfn::bfn::bfn::bfn::bfn: all the time! ... x :winkwink:

Sorry - do not know why it isn't opening for you - I tried it and it did for me - will paste - but Kenziesmom - did sum it up:

Women who had a female fetus had hCG levels significantly higher than women who carried a male fetus.

This finding is consistent with that found by several other researchers. In a study published by Yaron Y et al in Human Reproduction the authors studied 1,325 pregnant women with singleton pregnancies at 10-13 weeks.and compared different hormone levels including the pregnancy hormone hCG human chorionic gonadotropin between women carrying a male and a female fetus

These findings may have implications not only on evaluating risks of Down syndrome (women carrying female fetuses had a higher risk for Down syndrome), but also on timing of a pregnancy test. If women carrying a male fetus have lower hCG levels then it may be possible that their first positive urine pregnancy test could be delayed because of the male gender.

At 10-13 weeks this should have no bearing on your HPTs or :BFN: .. unless your levels are so low at 10-13 weeks they don't register on an HPT. I think at that point you have other things at work than just possibly carrying a boy. ;-)

Other research has shown that what happens in the first 5-10 days past implantation has no bearing on the rise after that. So that research cited alone couldn't explain why some get later :bfp: than others. That has more to do with implantation times than anything else. Later implantation are more likely to have a slower HCG rise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->