Did you know . . . .

Cat

Reaction score
After doing a lot of research into natural body, skin and hair care I have found so much interesting and distrubing information.

I think many of you have found that since becoming parents you have become more aware of what products your using on your babies skin and what you feed them etc. Having a son who suffers from eczema and asthema I certainly have. Alfter having tried a number of over the counter and presription remedies I have found that none of them work anywhere near as well natural alternatives. So this then got me looking at everything else I find in my bathroom cuboards.

It disturbed me to find what goes into so many of the products we use on ourselves and our families on a daily basis.
For example most shampoos, body and face washes and toothpastes feature the principle ingredient Sodium Laryl Sulphate (SLS) or Sodium Lareth Sulphate (SLES). SLS is actually an industrial cleaner, which is extremly harsh and can cause cateracts, hair loss, eye deformaties in children, as well as being very harsh at stripping the skin. (hence why it bloody stings when you get shampoo or soap in your eye). In order to make it less harsh on the skin is is procesed to become SLES, which basically refines it a little, however this process also creats a bi product of a dioxide which was the chief ingredient in the making of Agent Orange used in the viatnam war!

And them these are the other chemicals found in your every day products:
Parabans - Linked to breast cancer, skin allergies and premature ageing.
Mineral Oils - Like silicone used in many face creams, Cause premature aging, rashes and headaches.
Formaldehyde - Baned in cosmetics and fragrances in Japan, Sweden but still used over here which can trigger conditions such as asthma and headaches.
Phthalates - Used in hairsprays, nail polishes and purfumes, linked to hormone disruption and asthama.

I could go on but I think you get the idea.

I find it no coincidence that as we fill our lives with more of these chemical products we also find that 1 in 3 will contract some form of cancer and that conditions in children such as asthama and eczema are on the increase.

Another distrubing thought for those of you using disposable nappies on your little uns, did you know that there are no guidelines for what is used in their manufactre, so companies are free to use what ever chemicals they want in making sure they are the mst absorbent and odour free, regardless of what this does your your childs skin. And new reseach has beeing looking into the use of disposible nappies and infertility in later life!

Although you may think to buy all organic and natural products will cost a small fortune like a lot of healthy food, you will find that if you shop around you can find cheaper options which will nourish and work with your skin and hair etc. Here are some of my favorite sites:
https://www.greenshop.co.uk/
https://www.akamuti.co.uk
https://www.mottram.co.uk/trolleyed/html_templates/marble/index.htm

Just thought I would share my findings with you and let you look into for yourselves.

chief ingredient in the making of Agent Orange used in the viatnam war

Chief ingredient sure, but until its mixed and processed under certain conditions, its nothing like agent orange.

gaby said:
chief ingredient in the making of Agent Orange used in the viatnam war

Chief ingredient sure, but until its mixed and processed under certain conditions, its nothing like agent orange.

Good no, Im not saying your using agent orange on yourself, but for example would you use chemicals that were used in crop fertiliser on your skin?

Hi

A friend of mine sent me some information on some of the items you listed a while ago and it put me off using Johnsons products on my daughter. Of course, the government have "safety limits" of these ingredients in the products which is why they are on the shelves for us to buy but I decided to avoid them as much as possible as I don't think it'll be long before they make a connection between the ingredients in the products and the ailments people suffer from.

Lucy said:
Hi

A friend of mine sent me some information on some of the items you listed a while ago and it put me off using Johnsons products on my daughter. Of course, the government have "safety limits" of these ingredients in the products which is why they are on the shelves for us to buy but I decided to avoid them as much as possible as I don't think it'll be long before they make a connection between the ingredients in the products and the ailments people suffer from.

i read stuff about johnsons too

What have you heard about Johnsons? Just wondering because I use their stuff on Nathan :)

Johnsons is terrible for kids with excema, i use a chemical and fragrance free therapeutics on ewan now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->