Did you or are you getting a DTaP (Pertussis) vaccine while pregnant?

oedipamass

Reaction score
Hi ladies. I am considering getting a DTaP vaccine in the 3rd trimester, but I know there hasn't been a lot of testing done on its safety for pregnant women. Of course, I'm terrified of my baby getting whopping cough at any point.

Did you get it while you were pregnant and was your baby ok?

Are you planning on getting it? Why or why not?

I don't recall it being offered to me when I was pregnant. It was offered in the hospital after my daughter was born....before they even moved me out of labor & delivery into another room. The was almost 2 years ago though.

Thanks Moti!

I think I may move this post to the pregnancy threads to get more feedback.

I didn't, but I had a really bad reaction to the DTap as a child so didn't get the second-third booster of it either (well actually I did, but without the pertussis which was what caused the reaction). My OB wanted my family members immunised against pertussis though since I couldn't have the vaccine and to keep visitors to a minimum for a little while, which is what we did.

Good luck with your decision! :)

Zondon

I had it in the third tri and baby is absolutely fine. Her movements slowed for a day or so. I panicked of course, but she was soon back to normal. I have a friend who has some learning difficulties which is probably due to contracting whooping cough as a baby. That swung it for me when weighing up the risks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->