Did you put on more or less weight with baby number 2 and was baby birth weight...

Kato2

Mummy to 1 and pregnant
Reaction score
Larger/smaller? I'm putting weight on quicker this time round and hoping it may be down to baby rather than my desire for food! Lol

About the same 17 pounds the first time and 15 the second time. Baby number 1 was 6lbs7oz and baby 2 was 7lbs8oz

Much less this time. I started off plus size with both anyway but by the time I had dd I had gained 12lbs. This time I am currently 12.5lbs lighter than pre-pregnancy. My appetite has been much less than it was with dd.

I gained more the second time around and baby was bigger. But much much less this time and baby is estimated to be about the same size

Much less this time around! With DS I gained about 40lbs by this point. And right now, I'm about .9lbs above my starting weight. I had originally gained about 10lbs, but between a few weeks of illness recently and now acid reflux that keeps me from eating much, I've lost almost all of that. And as far as weight of baby, they've told me from early on that this LO was going to be smaller than DS. She was in the 36th percentile at my first growth scan and 26th at the second one. DS was always measuring above the 80th throughout my pregnancy.

Gained over 4 stone with both. DD was 7,12 and DS was 9,01.

With both, I've lost just over 2 stone immediately after.

My first was almost 17 years ago! But I gained almost 70lbs (I was a pig!) and he weighed 8lb 15oz at birth. My daughter (almost 3 years ago) I gained a total of 14 lbs by delivery day, and she was 5lb 15oz.

DD#1 gained 35kg and she weighed 5lb 15oz
DD#2 gained 17kg and she weighed 7lb 14oz
DD#3 so far gained 8kg @ 29 weeks baby at last scan was on 30th percentile so I am expecting her to be born weighing in between those weights.

I gained 30 lbs with both, but my starting weight was about 5 lbs less for #2. Also I gained most of my weight in 3rd tri with #1 but gained most in 2nd tri with #2 then it tapered off. #1 was 8lb3oz and #2 was 8lb6oz.
Now 17wk with #3 I'm up a few lbs from starting weight, after losing almost 10 lb in 1st tri (Didnt lose weight with #1 and maybe a few lbs with #2).

Thanks for posting this. I'm wondering the same. With DD I gained about 40-45 lbs an she was 7lbs2oz. This time I'm already at 45lbs plus and I'm just 30 weeks. I'm really hoping this baby won't be bigger that DD because I needed help pushing her out (ventouse) and I did tear. I'm really going to try to watch my diet from now until birth because now is the time baby is putting on weight. Problem is I have been careful with what I eat throughout this pregnancy and still my weight gain is out of control. I don't have the time to walk like I did with DD, and I'm also 5 years older (I'm 35) so that may also be a factor. Anyway I'm looking forward to seeing other replies.

I gained a bit more with baby #2 and she was a pound heavier than her older brother at birth.

The Most weight i put on was with my smallest baby.

I put on 2 stone with my first, she weighed 7lbs 15.5oz at 41+1 don't know how as i was really sick all through.

My second was 1.5 stone and she was 9lbs 4oz at 41+2.

My third lost 11lbs due to hyperemesis, by time my son was born had put 10lbs back on but still 1lb less than pre pregnancy and he was 8lbs 12oz at 38+6. he would have been a 10lber if he was over like his sisters.

I put on less weight this time but this baby is measuring larger than my first.
If all is well with the pregnancy I think your baby takes what it needs regardless of whether you binge eat or not. It's just you who changes shape.

I gained about the same in the end with both children, however I gained it faster & carried aloe differently with my daughter, it was a lot more appearant that I gained the weight with her then it was with my son. She was delivered morning of 40+5 at 7ibs 12 (7ib 9 when we left hospital) & my son was delivered evening of 38+6 at 7 ib 13 (7ib 7 when we left the hospital).

Baby #1 I gained 40lb and baby weighted 7.7
Baby #2 I gained 22lb and baby weighed 8.4
Baby #3 so far gained 30 lbs @ 33 wks and terrified of having a 9lber lol

Much, much less.

With DS1, I gained 46 1/2 lbs, and he was born at 41 weeks, weighing 7lb 13.5oz and 21 1/2 inches long.

With DS2, I was 4 lbs less than I was pre-pregnancy, he was born at 39+1, weighing 5lb 4oz, and 18 inches long.

dd1- gained 2 stone born at 41 weighing 7lb exactly
dd2- gained 2 stone induced 39 weeks pre-e weighed 9lbs
dd3- gained 2 stone induced 40+1 weighed 7lbs 6oz
34 weeks pregnant with ds lost 1stone 3 lbs and hes already weighing 5.5lb at 33 week growth scan and is on 90th centile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->