Did you save a toddler today?

Nic-Flowers

Reaction score
While at the in-laws for Thanksgiving dinner I had an early spurt of super-parenting!

I sat at the end of the table (so I didn't get my prego butt trapped behind it) and while everyone was bustling around getting dishes to the table I zoned out of the conversation and looked slightly to my right...down a hallway where nothing was really going on...EXCEPT.....:shock:

DH's sister's youngest (who is 2) had a bottle of pills spilled all over the floor. I screamed "Holy Shit" and jumped up and grabbed the bottle and threw it to DH and got all the pills away from the kid. DH looked at the bottle and it was diazepam, That could have really hurt him, or killed him. Why is it that I was the only one that saw it? Well I think that taught the in-laws a valuable lesson in medicine storage. The little one is fine and no one got hurt.

So, how was your Thanksgiving?

Ohhh gosh what could of happened in that situation is un thinkable .
Thank god you saw him hun.
And now Inlaws will be more carefull . xxxxxx .

OMG!! Thank goodness you spotted what was happening!! I hope your in-laws learn a lesson about storing their meds after this.

xx

OMG! that could have ended tragically xXx Thank God you were there, Well Done xXx

It's frightening how little common sense some people have (oops, that sounds rude towards your family:blush:) but some people don't have that danger awareness...even the smartest of people:dohh:.

I was at my friend's house where we'd all stayed overnight....she's a smart lady and trained as a Barrister. The next morning I went to see how the kids were as they were playing in the bedroom still. I noticed her little girl with a wire in her hand and going towards her mouth....I screamed and took it off her. It was plugged in and switched on.
My friend said

"it's ok, it's just for her lamp"

:saywhat:...I mean hellllllllllllllllllllloooooooooooooooooooo....how thick can you be to not see the danger there?](*,)

It's frightening how little common sense some people have (oops, that sounds rude towards your family:blush:) but some people don't have that danger awareness...even the smartest of people:dohh:.

I was at my friend's house where we'd all stayed overnight....she's a smart lady and trained as a Barrister. The next morning I went to see how the kids were as they were playing in the bedroom still. I noticed her little girl with a wire in her hand and going towards her mouth....I screamed and took it off her. It was plugged in and switched on.
My friend said

"it's ok, it's just for her lamp"

:saywhat:...I mean hellllllllllllllllllllloooooooooooooooooooo....how thick can you be to not see the danger there?](*,)

I think my SIL is pretty dim so I am still a bit angry that they did not seem bothered at all that their 2 year old son nearly killed himself. They just went all about dinner still letting the kids run freely around the house. She has four kids, I understand that is a handful but she could at least show some concern. :hissy:

Yeah Nic it's hard to watch isn't it? I have 3 kids and no 4 on the way and I'm still nearly as jumpy as when I had my 1st:blush::dohh:. I try not to be overprotective but it's just built in I'm afraid.

Just do the best for yours, your sister may pick up some tips from you along the way:hugs::hugs:

Well spotted!!! And a belated Happy Thanksgiving :hugs:
x

wow good thing u were paying attention!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g