Did you take prenatals prior to your pregnancy? What gender did you have ?

cnsweeney

Reaction score
So I recently read a thread on another baby site (I believe it was 'What to Expect) where the OP was asking this same question & it turned out 80-90% of people who took prenatals religiously prior to pregnancy had boys ! Since I am swaying boy this time (I have 2 girls) I found it interesting and plan to try it ! But first I wanted to see if it held true in our group as well ! Thanks in advance for your responses :)

Never heard that theory! I have taken prenatals since I started ttc over two years ago. My first pregnancy was a boy and the second was a girl.

I took prenatals 3 months before conceiving my first, and she is a girl. Not sure if it is a wives tail or not, but I heard the closer to ovulation you are to conceiving the more likely it is to be a boy.

I did not take prenatals when ttc. I had boys both times.

Thank you for your responses ladies ! I've set the poll to last for 30 days so can't wait to see what it is at the end of that ! Looks like girls are actually in the lead right now :)
Here is the link to the thread I was talking about ... Very interesting !
https://www.whattoexpect.com/groups/m/december-2016-babies/discussion/51744538

Like a pp said it just depends on which sperm catches the egg. If it's a fresh new sperm it's more likely to be a boy since they are stronger, faster swimmers, but die faster. But if it's a sperm that's been hanging out for a couple days it's more likely to be a girl as they can survive the conditions longer than male sperm can.

I took Prenatals and had a girl.

Looks like the numbers are starting to change . Please vote in the poll :)

Like a pp said it just depends on which sperm catches the egg. If it's a fresh new sperm it's more likely to be a boy since they are stronger, faster swimmers, but die faster. But if it's a sperm that's been hanging out for a couple days it's more likely to be a girl as they can survive the conditions longer than male sperm can.

I took Prenatals and had a girl.

This was based on research done in 1960, but since computer assisted analysis, turned out to be untrue for human sperm :spermy:

Took prenatal a while trying to conceive in all my pregnancies. I have had two girls (one is up in heaven) and a boy with another boy due in 6 weeks so for me it's not true. I'm sure I read somewhere though that the study has been discredited, it's the man plays the deciding factor in babies gender. There are a lot of studies though that prove that a mans diet and lifestyle plays a big part in wether he produces more boy or girl sperm.

My son was a surprise so I wasn't taking prenatal vitamins. I couldn't stomach them during my pregnancy so while ttc I'm making sure to take them every single day. Swaying is fine but even if it was true I would never skip prenatals for it, they are too beneficial.

With my first, I was only on prenatals for a short time before we started trying (if I'm even remembering correctly -- I may have started them after getting a positive?). I was taking folic acid and fish oil supplements for like five weeks beforehand, though. I had a boy.

I would say that sounds like a lot of baloney. It's the sperm that determines biological sex, so nothing you do in the months before should make much difference, though I have heard something about acidicity vs. alkalinity of the vagina making a very small difference in sex ratios. Male sperm are more fragile and less likely to survive the swim to the egg, even though they are technically faster, so an acidic environment, which is less favourable to conception generally, is possibly more likely to negatively affect them. Whereas girl sperm are slower, but they are more resistant to environmental obstacles, so more likely to survive even if the vagina is acidic. That said, I took vitamins for 6 months before we started TTC and also intentionally ate an alkaline diet to improve chances of conception and I had a girl.

Do you mind me asking if you tracked your ovulation ? Did you dtd before or on O day ? Just curious about the shettles theory also!

Do you mind me asking if you tracked your ovulation ? Did you dtd before or on O day ? Just curious about the shettles theory also!

Im expecting a boy after 3 girls. We dtd 23rd July and i think i ovulated 26/27th July based on ewcm.
I never took vitamins as we were not ttc.
I just assumed based on timing it is a girl, but at my 12week scan baby looked all boy.

P.S. I must add that i was on mini pill and skipped coz i thought i was pregnant. Turns out i concieved when i did the hpt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->