Did you WTT so you could lose weight after infant/pregnancy loss?

mikaylasmommy

Reaction score
Pre-pregnancy, I was about 130 pounds, but gained about 50+ pounds during my pregnancy with my daughter and only child, Mikayla, who passed away when I was 35 weeks pregnant. I had placenta previa with her and was instructed not to do any physical activity and had the WORST sweet tooth with her so needless to say, I pretty much ballooned.

I still have about 25-30 pounds to lose to reach my pre-pregnancy weight, but DH and I decided to start TTC anyway. With no BFP the last 2 cycles, I'm wondering if it would be best to WTT until I reach my goal weight so it's not extremely difficult to lose all the weight I'm sure to gain the next pregnancy (if, God willing, I ever do get my BFP)... especially since my doctor hinted that I may have to be put on bed rest just in case due to me being so high risk.

Have you ever been in a similar situation? What did/would you do?

(I'm sorry if this isn't the correct place to add this thread--I wasn't sure if it would fit better here or PAL).

Sorry for your loss x

I got pregnant in February 2010 and i weighed 13 stone. Sadly i lost the baby at 12 weeks and me and DH wanted to ttc straight away. I just ate sensibly and exercised until i got pregnant again. I used my fitness pal and ate about 1200-1500 calories a day as i didnt want to affect my fertility etc. I got pregnant 2 months later and i was weighing just under 11 and half stone.

As for putting weight on during pregnancy. I absolutely love food and was convinced i'd end up huge. I think i've put on 2 stone so far and i'm really pleased as it could have been a lot worse. I've just been careful not to over eat and to not be too lazy.

If i were you i would carry on ttc if thats what you want. You don't know how long it will take to get pregnant again and you can keep dieting in the meantime :)

Good luck x

I had a mc at only 9 weeks pregnant in august '08. I gained 20 lbs from it. I eat when I'm upset. But I ended up pregnant again that November so was 20 lbs heavier than my normal weight at the start of my next pregnancy. And that was a healthy pregnancy so I went on to have my DD and I gained 45 lbs with her. So in the end I was 65 lbs heavier than my normal weight. I think having Emma is totally worth the extra weight I put on. I'm only now getting back down to pre-Emma weight(only 3 lbs to go) and than I have 20 lbs from my miscarriage to lose but we are going to TTC as soon as DH get's home from deployment, whether I lose the weight or not. I just figure I can keep losing weight while TTC and I'll take what I can get. :flower:

Hi

Sorry for your loss.

I have no great advice tbh, but being ideal weight will benefit the next pregnancy.

I gained 4st through 1st pregnancy, didnt lose it got pregnant again, i struggled really badly, i got very SPD, which could been avoided if id lost as much weight as possible.

All the best!

I'm so sorry about your loss. I had an early miscarriage and was desperate to start trying again asap (I know that experience doesn't compare to what you've gone through). My dr. recommended we wait, but I emotionally needed to start trying anyway. I had only gained a few pounds, but I never bothered losing them. I have no idea if they'll stay or go. However, everything I've read says that any extra weight you're carrying in a second pregnancy is going to be "yours," and harder to lose. You're in a tough position. Personally, I might just want to accept the weight for now and go for it for emotional reasons. But, keep in mind that you may not be able to limit your weight gain during your next pregnancy. Especially if you're a stress eater (like I am).

No matter whether you decide to wait or just go for it, I wish you a fast BFP and a happy, healthy pregnancy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->