did your distractible feeder ever grow out of it?

I have to thank you ladies for this thread. I have been having trouble getting my son to nurse. At first if we were in his room with the door closed and curtains closed he was fine, but little by little I haven't even been able to get him to eat then. He wasn't gaining any weight and our doctor suggested formula.

After reading about how some of you swaddle your little ones to get them to nurse I was thinking no way as I haven't been able to swaddle my little man since 3 months since he kept breaking out of them. So I tried and it didn't work at first. Then I folded a blanket to be long and narrow and swaddled his arms only. He broke out a couple times before I could be fast enough to hold him in with my arms as well. We sat in his rocker and he fought at first but got tired and finally just latched. He came off a few times but he realized there wasn't anywhere he could go so he went right back to the boob. He ate from both sides for a good 10 mins!

You have no idea how relieved I feel. I hope this continues to work. :)

I'm so glad it helped you! I hope your boy goes back to nursing well and gains weight :hugs: I don't know the details but FWIW it's pretty normal not to gain at all even for a few weeks at his age!

Thanks. He I'd gaining but not much. He was in the 90s percentile for weight, height, and cranial in the first three months and now he is still in the 90s for weight and head but only in the 6th percentile for weight. He was 14 lbs at 3 months and is 16lbs note at almost 8 months.

He is growing in length so I am sure he is fine, but our doctor is concerned.

Later yesterday the swaddling didn't work as well, but even if I can get some feeds into him when he is more tired that way I am happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->