Did your subsequent labours get faster?

clacko

Reaction score
I'm currently 38 weeks with baby no 3. My previous two were both induced. My first labour was 6 hours and my second just half an hour, Iv read that the more you have the quicker your labour so a little worried that I won't make the hospital.

Does been induced make your labour quicker? If I go naturally is it likely to be longer? X

I guess if you've been fed with hormones then it's likely to be quicker, so naturally wouldn't happen so quick?

Everyone is telling me they are often quicker subsequently though. I'm hoping so as 3 days for number 1 was hard work!

Dd 1- 3 cm, & 100% effaced BEFORE active labor, then 12 hours of active labor & 1 hr pushing. (Water broke at 10 cm) 40+5

Ds 2- 1 cm, & 0% effaced BEFORE active labor(checked same day), then my water broke spontaneously & I delivered in 1.5 hours from start to finish after 2 pushes. 38+6

So for me... Absolutely... Xx

1st labour 27 hours start to finish (4cm to baby in around 14 hours) 41+1

2nd labour 4 hours (45 mins from 2cm to baby lol) 40+2

I'm hoping this labour is more like my 2nd but I've heard a worrying tale of 3rd labours being unpredictable. Time will tell!!

Following**
ds#1-natural labor @37weeks, 24 hours start to finish in hospital
ds#2- induced at 38 weeks, labor 22 hours start to finish
#3 has already dropped and I'm hoping for a quicker labor whether its natural or induced.

Great thread! Following. I hope so is my answer :)

Yes that's definitely true for me.
Baby 1: 39 weeks 3 Hours 30 mins start to finish
Baby 2 38 weeks 1 hour 50 mins

Currently worried about getting to hospital in time for baby 3 also x

Yes 1st 9 1/2 hours 2nd 5 1/2 hours xx

Yes number one was from the first contraction 12-13 hours, labour 2 was 6-7 hours from the first contraction so not a huge reduction or the speediest labour but it was quicker. Labour one was back to back, labour two was in the optimal position which may of had an influence x

ds1 I was induced at 41 weeks. I was 4 cm dilated and 100% effaced before they broke my waters and put me on pitocin. Active labor was a total of 5 hours and 45 min.

This time around I went into labor naturally. Active labor was a total of 2 hours and 20 min.

I can't really say what ds1 labor was start to finish as I was having contractions for weeks before I was induced, but never felt them. With ds2 though, I started contractions at 6am on Tues, water broke at 1am Wed morning, had him at 3:20am same morning.

Nope. With first, was 3 dilated 75% effaced before labor at 39+6 wks. Woke up to contractions 3mins apart, waited an hour, got to Hosp at 4cm dilated 100% effaced and had her 12 hr's after arriving at hospital. So prob a 13 hr total labor.

With 2nd, was 4cm dilated 75% effaced before labor at 38+4 wks, woke up with contractions, waited several hours to get to the hospital because the contractions were not regular but they were consistent and wouldn't stop. Got to Hosp at 5 cm dilated. Had him about 10-11 hours after arriving at hospital. His labor was a bit longer at 14-15 hours.

With this baby, I'm 37 wks and 2+ cm and 50% effaced as of last week. So we will see if this labor is as long... Very crampy today with tons of pressure and back pain. My ob appt this afternoon, we will see.

All I can say is I freaking hope so!! Ds was 56 hours start to finish I was totally bagged! Only 14 mins of that was pushing so the rest of it was contractions... Sucked so bad lol

This time I will be happy with anything 24 hours or less! Lol

Definitely following!

never been induced but believe they do make labours faster but i know my prev 2 were faster an that was natural no 1 10hrs wakin backache to birth no 2 6.5 hrs from first contraction to birth been told this be quicker. An i tend wait home hour make sure not false then 40 min drive hosp an am high risk so another 2hrs in ambo if probs in labour. So i inderstand your worry not arivin time.

Like Amanda I'm hoping this labour is shorter than last one which was nearly 40 hours! But preparing for it to be as long just so I'm prepared, had back labour last time aswell so that might have been why so long, and waters got broke for me, hope I can a decent sleep beforehand this time.

I'm the opposite and hope my second labour is longer, as the hospital is now an hour away and my first labour was 1hr 40minutes!!!
Following for answers:flower:

I've been induced all 4 times. My first was actually the fastest, about 6 hrs from when the pitocin was started. My 2nd two were both about 10 hrs. My last was closer to 12 hrs. I'm hoping to go on my own with this one, but we'll see.

Induced baby number 1 was 36 hours start to finish. 32.5 hours being early back labour, 2 hours active labour & 1.5 hours pushing.

Spotaneus labour for baby number 2. Roughly 13 hours from start to finish but didnt realise i was properly in labour until about 8 hours in!! Active labour 1 hour 25 mins & pushing 50 mins.

So yes, induced first labour was a lot slower.

Yes, my second Labour was a lot faster and more intense.

I haven't had my second yet but everyone I've talked to has said yes. My grandma's labors were four hours, then two. My mom's labors were 5 hours, 3 hours, 30 minutes. My doctor said yes it goes faster, the nurse at my pre delivery visit last night was like, making a point to make sure I knew second labors are usually faster. she said it like nine times.

I was in labor 6 hours and 45 minutes with my son, 6 hours of labor and 45 minutes of pushing. I'm scared this labor is going to be really fast. Honestly, I want an epidural and I'm scared I won't have time for one. My doctor said there is always time, it's just a matter of if the baby is already coming out, it just doesn't make sense to try to get one.

I dunno. Nervous!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->