Did your water break with all, none or one?

rosegarden620

Reaction score
So I know that water breaks only occur in 15-30% of women. In women with more than one pregnancy what was your experience? Did your water break with all, none or one?

I've had two pregnancies so far and with both my water never broke on it's own. With dd1 they broke it at around 5cm with dd2 it didn't break until I was pushing.

I'm in the same boat as you. My first two never ruptured on their own and they had to break them. I have no idea how this one will turn out!

Dd1 - broke by itself 18hrs before birth
Dd2 - broke by itself while pushing
Dd3 - broke by itself 3hrs before birth

My water broke with my last pregnancy with my son at around week 38.

My MIL had her water break in both of her pregnancies.

My cousin, who just had a 2nd baby in January, had her water break with her 1st at 37 weeks and with the 2nd it didn't break until the baby was crowning.

With number 1 I had ARM during labour.
Number 2 - waters broke in bed at 41 weeks - he was born 3 hours later
Number 3 - water broke as I hit transition and she was born 2 pushes later
xx

I don't even remember my waters breaking first time. Second time (21 week birth) they broke just before I started pushing.

With my first, my waters leaked a little then seemed to stop, about 5 hr before labour started. They broke for real at some point during labour but I can't really remember! It was maybe an hour before DS1 arrived? My second didn't leak just broke with a gush probably 20 min before he arrived.

1st... waters broke before labour started at 39+2
2nd... waters broke before labour started at 36+2
3rd... waters were broken to induce labour at 39+
4th ... waters broke early at 18+2 :-(
5th ....waters were broken to induce labour 38 +

With ds my waters broke the day before his due date, and I'm hoping the same happens this time ;-) x

I love reading all the experiences! It seems, for the most part, it's pretty consistent in your pregnancies! I hope it happens for me, instead of me guessing what's what lol

It also seems like a such a cool experience, for the most part, to go through!

my first i was induced at 42 weeks and the dr broke my water. with #2 my water broke at 40w2d and i had my son within 10 hours :)

Nurse did it accidentally first pregnancy happened on its own second pregnancy

Good question !

My waters never broke on their own for all three.
I'm hoping they will for this one so there is an end to all the false labour starts, but not likely :dohh:

My waters havent broken themselves in any labour so far. #1 was induction and they were broken without me even realising it had been done. MW told me afterwards that she'd just done it. #2 was natural labour. I got to 10cm and they still hadn't gone. MW gave me the option of having them broken or not.. I told her to break them! Lol

I'm hoping to experience them going themselves this time, but I know they probably won't.

DS1 - Waters broke at 36+3
DD - Waters broke at 36+1
DS2 - Waters broke at 32+4

I'd love for this one to stay in longer!

I love reading all the experiences! It seems, for the most part, it's pretty consistent in your pregnancies! I hope it happens for me, instead of me guessing what's what lol

It also seems like a such a cool experience, for the most part, to go through!

I would like for mine to break again this time. I think because it's like the one obvious sign of labor! At the end when you're playing all these guessing games and unsure of if your labor is starting or not, water breaking is the one guarantee that baby is definitely coming.

Oh and even though they say only a small percentage of women have their water break, I seem to know a lot of people whose water has broken. So, I feel like the number must be off.

1- broke on its own at 10cm
2- broke spontaneously at a restaurant with contractions immediately following

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"