Didnt know what was happening to me

MrsNicols

Reaction score
Hi Everyone, i was on the pregnant-1st trimester group but found out @ 12 week scan last friday that i had a blighted ovum at 7weeks 5 days. : (
had my D& C booked for tomorrow but Monday night started bleeding heavy, and last night i was woken up by what i can only describe as contractions. at 4am i had the sudden urge to go looo and then i felt it fall out of me, i just shouted out OMG. my husband was on his way home from work ( he works nights ) and by the time he got in, it was all over. Going for a scan at 2.45 today to see if everything come out.Hopsital/drs/nurses never told me once about contractions or the passing of the sac. They just told me id have period pains and heavy bleeding, contractions arent ' period pains' 1000 times worse and painkilllers dont touch it. : ( While i was in pain, i was having to google what was going on to understand what was happening to me, disgraceful.
as soon as bleeding stops, me and hubby gonna figure out if we want to try straight away. It was supposed to be our first, we was so excited. Now worried as i couldnt go through that again : (

I'm so sorry for your loss! :hugs: I have a similar story (mmc at 8+4, started bleeding at 11+6) but had medical management, so was in hospital when contractions started. No-one told me what to expect either but luckily I'd done lots of research and sort of knew. I was still quite shocked by the severity of the pain though (literally nearly passed out at one point, I hadn't eaten all day). And I didn't expect the feeling of actually passing the sac. They did think about sending me home at one point, as the pills took ages to work (nearly 12 hours). I'm so grateful that they didn't, I can't even imagine how you went through that on your own, without even your husband there. :hugs:
We started trying again as soon as the bleeding had fully stopped (about 1 week bleeding, then just over another week of dark brown spotting). Unfortunately we didn't catch the egg that first month but I'm hopeful for this month. Only you can know whether you're ready to try again. Just give yourself some time to heal and get some confidence back. At this early stage, a mc is usually just "bad luck" (I know how horrible that sounds). So there's no reason to think that it'll happen to you again. In fact, a recent study has shown that even if you get pregnant straight away, you have every chance to have a healthy pregnancy next time. You just need to give yourself time to process what you've just been to and be able to start thinking about the future. It will get better. :hugs:
Feel free to pm me if you want to chat in private.

you poor hunnie i had same thing but mine was in hosiptal the pain was intensive and just like giving birth, people dont understand when say what happened as dont understand you have to go through it all... but the only way i can move on is think least i know i can get preg and i did sorta feel like a proper woman as had felt the labour like pains but still cut up a year later!
good luck for future and alll the best, everything happens for a reason darlin xx

Awww hon, I feel for you, I have been there. So sorry for your loss.

It's awful that you don't get told what to expect and are just left to it - downright awful. And the pain is just horrific too.

I was told on the phone from an unsympathetic nurse at the ward that it sounded like I was miscarrying and that I'd just have to ride it out and keep my initial scan apt 5 days later!!!!

Thankfully I had my husband with me, so I totally feel for you being on your own.

Give yourself time to rest sweetheart (I didn't and I paid for it) and all the best for your future xxx

So sorry for your loss!

With my last mc, I had the same thing. Even though I had 2 previous mcs, I had no idea about passing the sac. I was alone, confused, upset, and scared. Take the time you need and best of luck to you in the future!

So sorry for your loss, I've just been through same thing. So painful and scary, nobody tells you about the pain. I also thought you just bled and had period like pains so wasn't prepared for the contractions or the passing of the sac, its an awful experience as this would also have been my Husbands first baby and my second after a twelve year gap.
also planning on trying straight away.
Hope everything works out for you next time.:hugs:

im so sorry you've had to go through this, I had a mmc so i was in hospital for the actual mc and i had read all about it on b and b so kind of knew what to expect. You must of been scared. You will know when the time is right to try again and good luck for whenever you do :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->