Different bottle make a difference?

Wobbles

BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired
Reaction score
We have Tommee closer to nature and have worked fine for us (other than using Avent her first couple of weeks) but lately shes been TERRIBLE for taking her bottles so wondering 'why' - temp of bottles etc etc one thing I've thought is should we try the straighter bottles because the Tommee ones are wide neac/wider teats poss softer on sucking.

Just wondering if anyone has any opinion or relate to difference?

And with problems heres one example -

Last bottle 1oz a force for 2oz and fell asleep as she exhausted herself even though we'd only 'try' put the bottle to her mouth and she'd go mad but does appear hungry!

its quite hard to say i think wobbles but if you still have the avent ones you could give them ago?

How many ounces does she take now? Is it the small avent bottles or the large ones you have got? Will a feed fit in the bottle? if so try it, trial end error or if it wont fit in then a singular avant bottle with a size 2 teat is approx £4 in boots, just so you dont buy a load and there is no change

We used the tommee tippee bottles with olivia, bt didnt carry on with them. not for any particular reason, just because they wre huge.

x

Have you tried the varible (sp) flow teats. they have marks on them 1,2 or 3 with you align with the babies nose. I know my little girl wasnt getting the milk fast enough she would take a couple of ounces then fall asleep with the effort! I know advent do them but not sure if other bottle do!

I have so far spent out on all age teats on these bottles already :rofl:

:dohh:

Was ok on ones shes on now then we went up one to see and have gone back again as they were too much so kinda stuck there now.

I have the Avent bottles they are the small ones though and she was hitting 7oz at one point but Avent teats stage one are for 0+ stage 2 1mnth+ so I need stage 3 for 3+ I think and haven't got them in as we considered this too.

Its was the Boots bottles I was considering to buy depending on all your expert advice :mrgreen:

I really don't think it's the bottles.... My little bear has reflux, we tried everything, I've tried four different bottles. I can say now his favourite and the only one he will feed from are 'MAM' bottles. But it has never made a difference to his feeding habits.

I really think it is silent reflux. Reflux tends to become more noticed at about the age your baby is, and can make a fussy eater.... Does she arch her back and get upset during/after feeding?

My LO can only have 1-2oz of expressed milk at a time. It used to be more.

I think if think you and your LO should see a doctor if at all concerned about amount they're taking.

Funny I was just talking to Lilbabyboo about the MAM bottles. Although you have mentioned them would you say not a cure but a help? I see they are all anti colic too which must help - she does get windy so easy.

She arches her back yer kind out with the legs at same time its just so mad when she appears to want but not want.

She had her second jabs other day & OH mentioned it HV seemed to suggest its just one of them phases but should we become increasingly concerned contact her of course.

How olds your LO?

Mine is 8 Months.... A little terror, he's been crawling since 7 months, and he seems to get faster everyday... lol. But he thinks MAM bottles are best apparently.

Yes, many babies do go through a phase of going off feeding, their vaccinations do account to alot. But if she is arching her back etc... Then sounds very much like something else is afoot.

Have you tried colief or infacol?

Gripe water.

Hmmmm only had second jabs a couple of days ago but she was getting like this before I guess. Do MAM bottles help with reflux? Don't even know much info on that tbh.

I see your post count is low but your name has already become familular to me - very helpful with information & replies :thumpup: don't recall saying hi to you before so :wave:

Urgh, gripe water! How did you find trying to get enough in her? Have you tasted it? It's horrible!

They help with wind and colic, reflux it some sense, as food is sometimes forced back up the esopahgus* on a burp.... But apart from that.

I think it's a mixture of things to try. Colief is really expensive though, it cost me almost ten pounds for a tiny bottle that lasts less than a week. It breaks down the lactose in the milk to make it easier for baby to digest.... But if it works you can get it on prescription.

My OH gives her it no problem - no more problem that giving her Medised tbh. Have a rounded little syringe (sp?) or use a dummy. It has actually helped her with her wind more than anything else we have used although have not tried coleif!

She has gripe once in 24 hours sometimes longer periods of times but when she does seem full of wind had definatly appeared to help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->