"different" cycle - confused! please help

Destiny08

Reaction score
Hi there. So my cycle history is a bit all over the place. Before DD I would have 28, 33 or 35 day cycles. And it seems, at least the month I got pregnant (I wasnt tracking, she wasnt planned) I O'd on CD13 at the latest. Then I had DD and went on the depo shot for 6 months which caused me to bleed for a week every 3 weeks or so, so I went onto the implant for 13 months which stopped my periods altogether. After having that removed, it took 6 months (134 days) before AF returned, and then I had a 52 day cycle, a 45 day cycle, a 23 day cycle, a 21 day cycle, 2 23 day cycles and a 20 day cycle. In the short cycles I ovulated consistently around cd 6 or 7 with a 16/17 day LP.

but the 20day cycle, things changed. Firstly. In the other short cycles I would have 3 days of spotting before 4 days of AF (AF pre-DD was 6-8days of red blood) and i figured that was just how my cycles would be now because i had so many like that. But at the end of the 20 day cycle, on the day the spotting should have started, AF started in full painful force, and lasted 7 days. Its now CD13 and i still havent O'd...so I'm so very confused. In the last couple of days the opks seem to be getting ever so slightly darker, but now i have no clue why its different and im panicking!

Anyone have any ideas why it could have changed? Is it just still the implant leaving my system? Is it bad?

Help!

I dont really have any advice. I am sorry your cycles are making you go crazy. Alot of people have irregular cycles for a year after BC. Whouldnt it be great if we all could set our clocks to our bodies, but for most that doesnt work.
Maybe you could talk with your dr to see if they could regulate your cycles with supplements. Good luck

Hi I can't really help either but didn't want to read and run. Maybe this is just going to be another long (not so short cycle). I O early and that's mostly on CD12. But I also agree with the PP maybe you should consult a doctor to regulate your cycles.

My doctor said because my hormone levels are normal and I already have a baby, im not entitled to any form of fertility treatment on the NHS :( and we cant afford it privately. Last Thursday was a year since I had the implant removed, so I thought it would have stopped fluctuating by now!

Thanks for the replies!

Oh that does not sound so fair - where do you live? good luck don't stress too much maybe you'll have a regular cycle this month.

Maybe you can do some research on some natural supplements. I dont know what they are all for but I know somw women take things to bring on AF, there are some to help you O, the way I have read things is that that are many many natural ways to help your body out without your doctor giving them to you.
However if your not sure whats going on taking something might mess up your cycles more. Im not sure if that helped or not. If you do decide to take something, please make sure you really do your research on all the pros and cons.

also maybe try talking to a diffrent doctor. Second opinion?

Thanks :) I took Dong Quai after my 134 day cycle and it brought on AF. And I tried taking vitex but it made my cycles twice as long.
im also not allowed a second opinion lol. Being on the NHS I am given a GP and if I want a second opinion I need to ask my GP but I am 'not entitled to one' - it's up to my GP lol. But hey its free so I cant complain really. My GP is lovely though and is the first doctor I have had that has actually looked into various things for me.

I'll have a look at other supplements - thanks for the suggestion! :) its CD15 now and still no sign of O..Im thinking I may have to just wait it out :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->