Different spellings?

CatAndCo

Pregnant & Mummy of 1
Reaction score
DD2 is going to be called Alexandra, but I was just wondering if anyone knows of any other spellings of it?

Suppose you could spell it aleksandra (think that's polish) or alixandra x

My eldest daughter is called Neli just a varient spelling of Nelly...... it is so frustrating because no one ever spells her name properly and shes 7 now......

just a small word of caution on the changing of spellings thats all :thumbup:

Was gonna say the same. Different spelling brings problems. I'm not sure your child will thank you for it.

Alekzandra
Aliksandra - nn could be Sandra, Ali
Alixandra - this is probably your best option if you want to call her Alex/Alix
Alysandra

Is there a reason you're looking for another spelling?

I'm going to be completely honest. Different spellings are awful, most look silly and it's just hard on the child when they go to school.
My name is Amie, and typical spelling is Amy so my whole life I had school teachers and Christmas/birthday cards with my name spelt wrong. My mil spelt it wrong for most of my relationship with DH and we've been together 11 years. I even get called Annie sometimes cause apparently its too hard to recognise an m isn't two n's.
Anyway that's my rant on different spellings lol keep it original it looks better and is honestly saving your child a whole lot of hassle.

Alessandra - but people are still going to think you said Alexandra and probably spell it that way :)

I'm going to be completely honest. Different spellings are awful, most look silly and it's just hard on the child when they go to school.
My name is Amie, and typical spelling is Amy so my whole life I had school teachers and Christmas/birthday cards with my name spelt wrong. My mil spelt it wrong for most of my relationship with DH and we've been together 11 years. I even get called Annie sometimes cause apparently its too hard to recognise an m isn't two n's.
Anyway that's my rant on different spellings lol keep it original it looks better and is honestly saving your child a whole lot of hassle.

I thought you wrote Annie at first too! Funny: I had a group of coworkers that had 3 Amys, all spelled differently. Amy, Aimee and Amiee.

I agree that spelling something different doesn't seem to make a lot of sense. Unless you introduce the child with a business card, people will probably assume that the name is spelled in the traditional manner. If your goal is to make sure your chld stands apart from any other Alexandras, that won't really happen just by spelling it differently.

Ive got to admit the spelling gets annoying

my name ONLY has 1 spelling but people assume im polish (im not) and then spell it as if its Spanish :)confused:) when its a simple common African name

I get sick of saying 'sh' not 'ci' but it oddly goes in cycles :wacko: so for 3 years everyone will spell it wrong, then for 3 years everyone spells it right, then wrong again... no idea the logic behind how this works

even my family spell it wrong, I also get some wonderful variations of completely random names (Rebekkah, Rachel/Rachael/Raquel, Ragina, Patricia, Lititicia etc... its like they only bother listening or remembering one syllable)

I thought about matching my second daughters name to her sister by spelling it Nanci
then decided not to so she is Nancy...... and people still spell that wrong??? Hahaha

Please don't change the spelling of a common name. ):

It doesn't make it any more unique or different by using strange lettering, people are only going to misspell it constantly and it will only upset, annoy, and frustrate your child. Besides, Alexandra is pretty just the way it is!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->