Difficult first pregnancy, nervous about #2

FallBabe

Reaction score
Did anyone else have a difficult first pregnancy and feel nervous to try for #2? I had hyperemesis gravidarum (persistent/uncontrollable nausea and vomiting) during most of my first pregnancy, and I'm almost positive it will happen again. I'm trying to push it out of my mind, but not sure that's the right thing to do. I distinctly remember saying "I can never do this again!", but baby fever is giving me courage...

i had so many things go wrong with my first pregnancy- carpel tunnel, bleeding, high blood pressure, the thing where the liver function goes off and you are all itchy, you name it.... the second pregnancy was no issues at all.

each pregnancy is different, maybe it will be ok the second time around?

I had a horrible first pregnancy... hyperemesis, severe anemia where I needed blood transfusions while I was pregnant, severe preeclampsia, uterine infection, hemorrhage, placenta accreta....terrible! I spent pregnancy number two so paranoid. But I found a new dr and it's been a million times better! Dh and I thought this may be our last, but now we're even discussing the possibility of number 3!

I think it will go a lot better this time! Oh and my dr gave me meds at the first sign of my sickness getting out of control and while I still had a hard time it was totally a better time!

Thanks for the encouragement! Outside of just hoping this pregnancy is different, I do think there is something to be said for knowing ahead of time what you're getting into, what meds to ask for, ect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->